New Website / Forum: Teething Issues

View Latest Activity

Home Forums MVT News & Training Updates New Website / Forum: Teething Issues

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

Hey, we now have a new website / forum. I have had some time today to work on it after it was built by the IT company. I discovered some random teething issues, in particular with the class event tickets.

If you notice anything wrong, please let me know. Some of the classes were not showing, and some had crazy prices and all sorts of nut-jobbery.

It’s probably a good time to go check out the new training calendar. I know that DCH was not showing, and neither was FoF Squad Tactics.

Training calendar here: https://maxvelocitytactical.com/events/

First Sergeant

None of my PM’s are showing up. I guess they were lost with the transition to the new format.

Anyone else see that?

FILO
      Signal Out, Can You Identify
      Je ne regrette rien
      In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

trailman
      Participant

None of my PM’s are showing up. I guess they were lost with the transition to the new format.

Anyone else see that?

Hmmm just checked and I will second that.

Max
        Keymaster

How important are your historical PMs? IT may be able to retrieve them and is looking at a solution, but it’s gonna be some work.

So, how important are they?

First Sergeant

Not hugely important. Just wanted to let you know that it was something I noticed.

What about thread views? Before we could see how many times a thread had been viewed, I am not seeing that now.

FILO
      Je ne regrette rien
      In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

rampantraptor
      Participant

Tried to start a new thread, don’t see it on Latest Activity.

Joe, do you see it on the admin side of things? I would just message you but it seems the messaging function is gone.

Max
        Keymaster

Is there no PM function?

Max
          Keymaster

Click your profile photo.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

My PM isn’t working.

Max
          Keymaster

PM should bw working now. IT is working on the forum now, saturday night, which impresses me.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I need more information to find a missing Thread or Post.

rampantraptor
          Participant

I need more information to find a missing Thread or Post.

Just got home from work, rewrote my previous thread (took me a minute to dig up the sources again), tried to post and it first said something like “Sorry, we couldn’t find that page”, and then when I hit back and tried to hit submit again it simply sent me to the Latest Activity page.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Check your PM box.

58marine
      Participant

“Delete account” in “settings” is not working for me.

Max
      Keymaster

“Delete account” in “settings” is not working for me.

Tell me you aren’t deleting accounts due to teething issues as we roll out the new website?

58marine
      Participant

No,Sir. The new website is good to go.
      I’m one of the Lurkers,(I have my reasons), and I don’t want to be a problem for y’all.

Max
      Keymaster

No,Sir. The new website is good to go.
      I’m one of the Lurkers,(I have my reasons), and I don’t want to be a problem for y’all.

Commemts about getting more involved were not designed to drive people off the forum. It’s up to you how much you involve yourself. You will likely get out as much as you put in. Gitta spend money to make money!

First Sergeant

Unless I don’t see it, which is a possibility, there is no notification of a PM. I have to click on my profile and see if there are PM’s there.

FILO
      Je ne regrette rien
      In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

wheelsee
      Participant

Search function on an individual’s posts, say First Sergeant, only brought up 1 page of results.

wheelsee
      Participant

Is anyone else having a problem when clicking a link of getting a spam-ad pop up in another window??

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.