New Weapons and the New Tactics Which They Make Possible: Three Examples

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Current Affairs & Topical News Pieces New Weapons and the New Tactics Which They Make Possible: Three Examples

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster
        Andrew
        Participant

Well there went my warm and cozy feeling. I’m sitting here just shaking my head wondering when we are gonna wake up.

Average Joe
          Participant

Execellent read.

Y’all have a nice day.

RobRoy
            Participant

Saker is Popular Mechanics for Russian weapons systems, he is interesting because the Clown World elite that is ruining America are so damned awful and full of shinola.

Hessian
              Participant

Nothing in this article surprises me.

It will be interesting once lidar and flir cameras on small cheap recon drones will be used and how it will affect SUT.

Max
                Keymaster

It will be interesting once lidar and flir cameras on small cheap recon drones will be used and how it will affect SUT.

This is interesting and I want to write something on this when CLC is complete. In the meantime, please clarify what you mean, and what situations / circumstances you think drones will affect SUT? Nation state fights, CUTT operations, etc.

Hessian
                    Participant

It really depends. Drones can be cheap, but they do have limited range. However if a squad or a platoon could have 1 or multiple drones equipped with IR or LIDAR (pricing of this tech I can only assume will go down in the future) it could be used as a buffer zone around a platoon or a squad to detect early ambushes or concealed enemy camps/positions.

Concealment countermeasures are available but I haven’t explored this much.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

It really shouldn’t be too much of a surprise that our potential enemies are advancing. A Nation can’t just sit still thinking they are good to go or advances will bite them in the rear.

…what situations / circumstances you think drones will affect SUT? Nation state fights, CUTT operations, etc.

As I am sure many of the recent CLC students discovered, receiving the various inputs from team members, their own observations, and OPFOR reactions takes some experience. Particularly for the Citizen who has limited experience working his way up the ladder at various positions.

The increase in the amount of input from a variety of technologies only increases that and can easily overwhelm any leader.

Increased situational awareness due to data linked sensors, increased communications, input from not only team members, but higher leadership within the chain of command. We are at the point where it’s possible for even the Joint Chiefs to know what a individual combatant is doing. Admittedly this isn’t in wide spread use beyond SOF, but it is coming.

In the past I’ve mentioned even citizens developing fixed wing drones capable of extending communications with onboard repeaters, surveillance, scanning for electronic emisions, ect…simultaneously. This is off the shelf technology.

Consider the possibilities of this video…

…and this is at the citizen consumer level.

A CUTT could have standoff weapons capability with this technology. In theory even limited anti-air capabilities.

This is just a brief glimpse off the top of my head.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.