View Latest Activity

Home Forums Current Affairs & Topical News Pieces New USMC rifle qual

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      wheelsee
      Participant
        DiznNC
        Participant

Damn this is huge. Mother Green is finally updating the shooting qual. Now if they’d just issue everyone a M-4 and a 1X RDS.

These are pretty amazing times, as we are witnessing T,T,P’s that have essentially remained the same for a century being changed to reflect current combat realties.

Just needed a good 10-15 year shooting war to shake things up I suppose.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, MVT is the best training this side of AIT (Advanced Infantry Training) you will find. Pretty impressive when you find a whole service mimicking your training program.

RobRoy
          Participant

As a former Marine from the golden days of the A2 unveiling I second the motion, about time. They are leaving the excellent fundamentals of marksmanship in recruit training and this new, new is for the Fleet. Kind of funny about the optics the super duper KD Hi Power shooters that I follow have said a scope is not a cure all and often harder to shoot, but those guys are hair splitters, certainly not the average Joe off the streets.

FTR I hated and still hate the sitting position, all glory to the Lord for having it canned.

DiznNC
            Participant

That’s about it, huh? Although those weeks on the KD ranges at Quantico were some of the best of my life, for pure marksmanship training, that is not to say you should be doing it that way in the fleet, to prep for a combat deployment.

I find myself waiting for the other shoe to drop, when stuff like this happens, like it’s just too good to be true. Like they has to agree to buy 22″ rifles, with 10x scopes to placate the traditionalists.

I’ll shut up when the Crotch goes to 14.5″ middy bbls and 1x RDS’s. Selected troops get 1-6x LPVO’s and/or heavier bbls. Other selected troops get 10.5″, cans, and EOTechs.

RobRoy
              Participant

Without tight slings and the inconsistencies of their tension the scores will probably go up just on that mechanical dispersion variance being removed.

DiznNC
                Participant

Heresy! Ha Ha.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.