New Surefire X300U

View Latest Activity

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      First Sergeant

I have been carrying a Surefire X300U weapon light on my pistol for several years. It is an outstanding light and like all things Surefire, is basically bombproof. It is 500 lumens.

Well, Surefire just updated it. it now comes in 1000 lumens. It is the exact same footprint as the 500 lumen model. So all holsters will work with either one.

Why 1000 lumens? I want it to basically turn into daylight if I ever have to use it in a defensive situation. If it happens to burn the bad guys retinas and disorient him at the same time, all the better.

I use the X300U-A. It is easier to take on and off. The B model has a screw.

https://www.surefire.com/x300u-a-weaponlight-rail-lock-1.html

https://www.surefire.com/x300u-b-weaponlight.html

Not everyone needs a pistol mounted weapon light. Most will be fine with a handheld. You do carry a handheld light as part of you EDC, don’t you?

To learn the best techniques and the why’s and why nots of weapon mounted lights you need to take DCH and the night course.

FILO
        Signal Out, Can You Identify
        Je ne regrette rien
        In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

JustARandomGuy
        Participant

As an aside, it should be noted that the screw model does have a bit of a rep for the screw not being as robust as it should… I have seen pictures from a number of folks that have snapped them on the current/previous 500-lumen model.
          Perhaps some people overtightened theirs as well. Either way, something to be aware of. :yes:

A_A_Ron2guns
          Participant

It took surefire long enough. They’ve been content to sit and watch where all the other light companies went and then finally followed.

I just ordered the new 1,500 lumen Fury and I’m waiting to pick up the new X300U.

They’ll replace my Streamlight HL-X and TLR1 HL.

For now…..

First Sergeant

It took surefire long enough. They’ve been content to sit and watch where all the other light companies went and then finally followed.

I just ordered the new 1,500 lumen Fury and I’m waiting to pick up the new X300U.

They’ll replace my Streamlight HL-X and TLR1 HL.

For now…..

I keep hearing that about Surefire, but I don’t understand where it’s coming from.

In my experience they are the only company that holds up over time. After seeing all the different lights that come through DCH and my years of experience with Surefire, I wont recommend anything else.

I’m glad that they waited until they could get it in the same footprint so there is no need for new holsters.

FILO
              Je ne regrette rien
              In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

A_A_Ron2guns
              Participant

Streamlight has been their only real competition for years and in a lot of areas was dominant. Fire/EMS lights, Police duty lights etc. streamlight is still the only manufacturer that has a subcompact light option for weapons and they had a real honset to god working IR pistol light/laser way before surefire. Rechargeable batteries and LED were put out well before surefire as well.

Surefire dominated for a long time off the wave of support for their millennium series weapon lights, helmet lights and 6P. It’s only been recently that they started catching up. That’s because they saw their profits dropping and the GWOT drying up funds. The streamlight TLR1 HL fits in the 1 and 1S model.

Surefire didn’t do that when they went from from the x300 to the x300u. I’ve still got a few holsters that don’t work!

I love surefire. I mean seriously. I have a ton of their stuff. It’s embarrassing how many surefire flashlights I have. It’s why I’ve going to go back and try the new X300U and Fury.

A_A_Ron2guns
                Participant

I will add too that when it comes to durability and consistent light output surefire wins hands down. I’ll post a review of the Fury once I have a week or so on it. Can’t wait to see how it cuts through limo tint.

First Sergeant

Sorry for the delay. At the VTC for class.

I get it. I know about Streamlights for Fire, can’t be beat.

I have a 1000 lumen Fury.

FILO
                    Je ne regrette rien
                    In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

A_A_Ron2guns
                    Participant

I’m 2 nights into using the new surefire Fury DFT. I’ll do a full write up soon. I like it so far but there’s been some issues.

Keeper
                      Participant

check out olight
                        rechargeable with a USB. I got two for the pistols
                        https://olightworld.com
                        Keeper

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.