MVT Videos marked Private

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Essential Information for MVT Classes MVT Videos marked Private

• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 6 days ago by MarkA. This post has been viewed 480 times
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony S
      Participant

I wanted to work on some of the fundamentals before HEAT-1 and was going to watch the videos on the web site, but some of them are marked Private now – including things like the Combat Reload and Tactical Reload. I haven’t checked all of them, but just wondering if this intended or not because I could have sworn that I watched those 2 videos before. If it’s intended, then how can I get access to them?

Tony S
        Participant

I went through all the videos with the intention of putting together a list of those that were broken/marked private, however it became apparent that the shorter list was marking those that were still available.

It appears that YT has marked private anything that actually teaches you a skill (with the sole exception of ‘How to React to Enemy Contact.’ The only videos still publicly available are the gear review videos, testing the ShotStop plates, the MVT Physical Assessment test, the 2019 TX class highlights, and the welcome video.

I know for a fact that I watched the reload vids, and the CQB vids after the June CQB class, so their suddenly being unavailable is a new thing. I’ve tried from 3 different platforms (Apple phone, Windows notebook, Linux desktop) both logged into a google/YT account and as a guest and I’m unable to access them across all iterations.

So, again I’m curious, is it intentional on the part of MVT to make these clips private now? (really seems unlikely) Or is this the great and powerful google deciding what can and can’t be shown to us serfs? (seems highly probable)

BILLY
          Participant

Heard something about this over the weekend, i am not, do not, and wouldn’t speak for MVT but I think some of the more responsible training establishments such as MVT are rethinking their presence online when it comes to educating the masses. with the potential for lots of bad stuff in the future, keeping the training in a realm where you can look someone in the eye before teaching them the tactics and skills to become dangerous to others might become the norm. but again, not speaking for mvt just connecting dots

Tony S
            Participant

keeping the training in a realm where you can look someone in the eye before teaching them the tactics and skills to become dangerous to others might become the norm. but again, not speaking for mvt just connecting dots

Certainly reasonable assumption, I’ll wait until Max comes down off the mountain with the new tablets then. You see, unlike SOME scofflaws B-) , I didn’t video myself during CQB and hence planned to rely on the MVT clips for reminders of how to do things. (Of course since I didn’t video myself, there’s absolutely zero evidence that I committed fratricide to one of my teammates’ face… :whistle: so, there’s always a silver lining.

Mike Q
              Participant

(Of course since I didn’t video myself, there’s absolutely zero evidence that I committed fratricide to one of my teammates’ face… :whistle: so, there’s always a silver lining.

Yeah I’ve done that. Sorry Robert

SeanT
                Keymaster

^^^
                  I smoked all the bad guys once then kept going and got all the good guys too…..
                  P I D
                  H A R D E R
                  T H A N
                  Y O U
                  T H I N K !

boer
                  Participant

I also have all of the videos in a playlist on youtube :unsure: .well i/we still have the tactical manual :-) but the videos i committed to memory B-) .hopeing for a max talk on why they are private now. :scratch:

Joe (G.W.N.S.)
                      MarkA
                      Participant

Thanks for the feedback Joe!

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.