MVT Shield availability

View Latest Activity

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      farmer
      Participant

Is or will the MVT shield be available again? The gear store keeps coming up empty. Is there a waiting list I need to be on?
        Thanks

Corvette
        Participant

I have no doubt they are working hard on it, and will get it out as soon as possible. It will certainly be worth waiting for. MVT has cranked out a lot of great gear in a very short amount of time. I have faith (although impatient and frustrated) that the Shield will be here soon.

Keep up the good work MVT. Love your stuff

DiznNC
          Participant

We are in the middle of launching a bunch of new stuff, including all the new chest rigs, but we’re also considering how to cut these back in for possibly a limited production run. Stay tuned!

farmer
            Participant

I was getting close to ordering a VERSA rig. Should I wait?

Different topic: I carry a SERPA holster almost every day. Why don’t you allow these?

texas
              Participant

This forum link has a general discussion on holsters, including some reasoning to why one may not want to run a Serpa.

Holsters

Max
                Keymaster

@ Farmer: there is no reason to delay in ordering any of the rigs that are currently for sale. They are available.

Serpa: I used to use one. Really liked it. There are two main reasons i recall for the problems with them, one is range safety and the other is practical:

1) many people inadverrently, and without realizing, curl their trigger finger when drawing the handgun. This has led to a number of accidental discharges and woundings with the SERPA. Hence the class ban.

2) the release catch can, and often does, get jammed by debris resulting in an inability to release the handgun. So much so that I have heard of power tools having to be used to free handguns.

Max
                  Keymaster

P.S. if you want to discuss SERPA, start a new thread, and leave this to Shield. Also 1SG will be back from his CRS class Monday and will be able to add to it.

texas
                    Participant

@farmer if you are on the fence about the Versa, don’t be. I have one of the “older” ones and a newer model as well. I would and do use both.

I can tell you from experience that they are very well made and will do the job. I personally (well, me and another guy) pulled, as part of a drill, a 220 pound guy about 50 yards (seemed like a lot more) on a dirt road by the straps of his versa. No issues, other than tired legs :good:

I was very impressed with that alone.

Little details on the rigs are what set them apart from the crowd. The new Versa, as you are probably aware, has Kydex inserts which work very well for retaining mags with easy insertion and removal. An other detail that might be overlooked are the tuck-tabs for the admin pouches. Brilliant. If you are not sure why that might matter do the Patrol class and have somebody use velcro or a snap at 3am.

farmer
                      Participant

@ Max & texas : Thanks for the replies. Will be ordering a VERSA soon.
                        I didn’t mean to get off topic. Understood.

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.