MVT: Positioning, class scheduling and looking to 2020.

View Latest Activity

Home Forums MVT News & Training Updates MVT: Positioning, class scheduling and looking to 2020.

• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 days, 4 hours ago by  Max. This post has been viewed 5 times
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

It is a source of immense pride to me the level of excellence we have achieved both with the course curriculum at MVT, and also with the development of the VTC. We offer the best tactical training available. No one does it better. But, as with any commodity demand drives supply.

I am always assessing what is happening with classes and what is selling and what is not. In 2020 we will make some re-positioning decisions based on this.

Much as we want to train you how we want you to be trained, it is up to students if they book classes or not. It is up to demand. The flip side to that is that this level of tactical training takes time, and we do have classes that are longer than a weekend, simply because it takes that long for safety and training reasons. A source of frustration to me is that I often schedule a class based off the resounding success of one I have just run, but then see, even with 3 months notice, that it will not fill. Despite the great success and benefit the FoF Squad tactics course offers, the course scheduled in two weeks time is cancelled due to low enrollment. Certainly, from my perspective, the lack of flexibility and responsiveness to booking classes among potential students, even at several months notice, is an obstacle.

I get a lot of people who say “next year I will do that class.” However, if classes are not filling this year they will not run “next year.” The Combat Leader Class is currently half full. It is perhaps our flagship class in terms of the huge benefit it has to students. It has run once a year for the last two years and each previous year we have had the required 13 students. At this point, Combat Leader Course will not run in 2020. Cancelled. The only thing that would alter this course of action is:

1) We fill up to 13 students and 6 OPFOR this year.
        2) I am approached for a useful dialogue by a suitable number of students who want the class to run at a certain time in 2020.

I did write prior to publishing the 2019 schedule that I wanted students, perhaps organizing on the forum or privately, to be more proactive on when they wanted to train. No one did. So I had to schedule the training lottery again for 2019.

What I am planning on doing for 2020 is going ‘part time’ again at the VTC, like I was at the beginning. I plan to focus more on other projects such as book writing. This will also have the benefit of leaving spaces in the calendar for private classes and also for SOF bookings.

I will likely plan on running one class a month, separate from any classes Scott also schedules. Given this years attendance, it may look like this for 2020:

CLC – cancelled for 2020.
        HEAT 2: run once
        FoF Squad Tactics: run once
        CQBC: run once

HEAT 1 Combat Tactics and the Reconnaissance class: run alternately on other free months.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, we will likely run one OP class over a weekend. I may also look at bringing back the Land Nav class and also TC3 perhaps once each.

This will allow me more time for writing, and also give me more time at precious weekends with my own family.

Max
        Keymaster

P.S. that is one per month March thru November. I also forgot to mention HEAT Night Operations, which I hope to run March and November, assuming it continues to fill.

Makes you realize there are not that many opportunities to train at 1 per month. Here is an entirely random sample calendar:

February: Texas 2020
          March: Night Operations
          April: HEAT 1 Combat Tactics
          May: HEAT Reconnaissance
          June: FoF Squad Tactics
          July: HEAT 1 Combat Tactics
          August: HEAT Reconnaissance
          September: CQBC
          October: HEAT 2 Combat Patrol
          November: Night Operations

Wow. When it goes up, book your spot.

Max
          Keymaster

Bumping to ensure everyone reads this. Also posted on the Blog, and will send a mailer out next week when back from CQBC.

I still need AT LEAST 2 more guys for CLC. But so far no one is communicating with me. I’m just a guy on the end of the internet, my intel skills are poor unless people start talking to me.

I also lost an OPFOR guy for CLC, who unvolunteered himself for that wonderful reason that he has just discovered he has family visiting that week. This is why no one can have nice things.

You will not be ready for the boogaloo if you cannot fit in training when it is available.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  Max.
            Brushpopper
            Participant

We had a little taste of recce/recon (hostage situation) in Texas 2018 with an opfor at the lodge, which was a great learning experience! Glad to see this turning into a class! Fill it up guys!

willshort18
              Participant

I’m working on trying to get one or two more guys to sign up for the CLC. No guarantees yet, but I’m trying.

Max
                  Keymaster

Thank you. :good:

vagabond
                  Participant

I’m in for Texas 2020, and was planning on taking the CLC next year. If it is offered again next year I will put a deposit down as soon as it is announced.

Max
                      Keymaster

CLC is cancelled for 2020. If you want to do CLC, join the Oct 2019 class. I’m not bluffing here guys.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.