MVT Functional Fitness Assessment: OneLife Fitness Explosive Performance Trainer

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactical Fitness & Nutrition Tactical Fitness MVT Functional Fitness Assessment: OneLife Fitness Explosive Performance Trainer

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I saw the abridged version on Instagram.

Outstanding!

JohnnyMac
          Participant

Whoa! It’s almost like…. we’re not asking much at a 6 min. time cap

:whistle:

wheelsee
            Participant

:good: :good:

Love the shirts!!

Max
              Keymaster

Lol. It is a great shame that Ben and Sahar, who did the first run, suffered my failure to record them. Those two did a much stricter version of the test, but still got just over 4 minutes. Their form was simply better.

Some of the others got great times, but pushed the boundaries of form and making the distance on the runs etc. Not gonna complain, they did it all the same. I would be stricter on making the 10 yard distances and doing the lunges better if running it as a test. Although the really tall guy had not long before had ACL surgery, hence one knee going back and not down. I told him he could just do them on one side, but he carried on. That was before he told me he was trying to get into the ATF fucking LOL!

The vests weighed 16lbs.

Max
                Keymaster

The grey vest was the shitty spartan armor vest I purchased in the sale, with the steel plates. The other vest is a crossfit-style vest purchased from London Bridge Trading. I was not about to bring a real PC with mags into the gym.

Virgil Kane
                  Participant

Were any of the people in the video over 40yo? Don’t make it too hard. We just need to be able to safely get through a week of training, not run recon in Cambodia.

I agree with a fitness requirement. You need to be at a certain level of fitness or you’ll be stumbling around unsafely during drills, but if it’s too hard folks will go to another school or worse, just not get the training.

Max
                    Keymaster

Were any of the people in the video over 40yo? Don’t make it too hard. We just need to be able to safely get through a week of training, not run recon in Cambodia.

I agree with a fitness requirement. You need to be at a certain level of fitness or you’ll be stumbling around unsafely during drills, but if it’s too hard folks will go to another school or worse, just not get the training.

Whoa dude! Is it too hard? The fitness assessment is in place, and unless I say, the cut off remains at 6 minutes. And I don’t care if people are unprepared to do a basic level of physical preparation and thus cannot pass this most basic of assessments. Why? Because what we do at MVT is unique in terms or content and quality. There are plenty of ego schools out there for out of shape dudes shooting from barricades all day. This standard is there for safety and quality of learning for all students in attendance.

Edited to add: before you (Virgil) or anyone else gets bent out of shape, this is a general statement addressed to the general audience of the whys and wherefores of why we have this.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Were any of the people in the video over 40yo?

I don’t think JohnnyMac’s comment was meant as a move to increase minimum standards, I took it as “see this isn’t something to worry about if you train.”

On my first attempt at this assessment I got a 5:17, not exactly bragging rights, but I didn’t kill myself pushing it either.

I am in my mid 50’s with all the wear and tear that a military career afforded.

Robert
                        Participant

Virgil- you won’t have any problems with it.

I did the first version at CQBC last month and it sucked but it’s doable. This coming from a 45 year old who runs a couple times a month (yogging) and my only other regular exercise is combatives.

The test is tough but doable.

Mayorphill
                          Participant

Max,

I’d like to give this test a shot at home. Can you post the prescribed movements, rep scheme, and weights?

Max
                            Keymaster

Max,

I’d like to give this test a shot at home. Can you post the prescribed movements, rep scheme, and weights?

There is a whole video on this. Linked in the description to this one, previous video on the youtube channel. Also linked from all class pages that require it.

Max
                              Keymaster

Maybe we will make a cross-tard version of the assessment. You have to prove membership at a ‘Box’ to be eligible. Then, it will consist of kipping pullups, and ridiculous out of context way-too-fast-to-be-safe olympic lifting movements. The pass is not a time, but only when you give yourself a hernia, pass out, or slip a disk.

:yahoo:

Max
                                Keymaster

Jocko Willink likes Crossfit. Sadly, it makes me deeply disaappointed in the guy.

Crossfit Olympic Lifting for the general population:

wheelsee
                                  Participant

Jocko Willink likes Crossfit. Sadly, it makes me deeply disaappointed in the guy.

Crossfit Olympic Lifting for the general population:

<iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/wVlRayTDd3Y?feature=oembed&#8221; allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” width=”570″ height=”321″ frameborder=”0″></iframe>

Now you know why I will ALWAYS have a job………. :bye: :bye:

JohnnyMac
                                    Participant

I don’t think JohnnyMac’s comment was meant as a move to increase minimum standards, I took it as “see this isn’t something to worry about if you train.”

correct

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.