Max
        Keymaster

Eastern Missoula County

Justin
          Participant

The one down side to Montana is distance I’m in billings

Justin
            Participant

I plan on attending the apple seed shoot this fall in three forks, if you were interested be a good opportunity to get together and meet each other?

Max
              Keymaster

lets play that by ear. we have been discussing attending an Appleseed event so that just might workout.

eric
                Participant

Hey, I am from billings also. I am interested in someone that would like to have a serious training partner

Justin
                  Participant

I will message you and we will figure something out!

Max
                    Keymaster

Anyone else? I’m in the Eastern side.

Justin
                      Participant

How far east?

Max
                        Keymaster

I’m in the Miles City area

Max
                          Keymaster

A guy called “coyote223” said he has a buddy in Cody, WY that he could put people in contact with. Look in the “Wyoming” thread

Justin
                            Participant

Awesome neither Cody nor miles city are that far, I’m thinking we all need to do an appleseed or something start networking!

eric
                              Participant

I’m up for it.

Max
                                Keymaster

I would too but are there any appleseed events on the eastern side of the state?

Justin
                                  Participant

You know I don’t think so, I will have to check there schedule. I think the one I was looking at with actual distance shooting is in three forks in Aug

Max
                                    Keymaster

Have you guys heard of Stillwater Tactical? I know they do a tactical competition every year up by billings. I’ve never been to it myself but it might be something you guys are interested in. It looks like it is about $500 per 2 man team to be in all three events. Are you guys into long range shooting (500Y )? A friend of mine organizes a buffalo rifle competition and he said I could use the range for modern rifles too. Maybe that could be an option to get together too.

Justin
                                      Participant

I’ve never heard of stillwater tactical but that competition looks fun! looks like they do affordable basic firearms training too. As far as long range I would love to but only set up really with an AR, would be fun to stretch it’s legs out tho! See what it can do! So yeah, I’m in.

eric
                                        Participant

Im in. I also have some nice portable steel targets we can use

Max
                                          Keymaster

Cody Wy here. Mostly into SUT, marksmanship, com’s (just started working with 6 and 10 meter mobile com’s recently), Jeeps and 20 years of ALS EMS experience.

Max
                                            Keymaster

It would be great to get a MVT or JM class together in the area… Just saying

eric
                                              Participant

I was thinking the same if we could pull together funds and get private class from jm. But we would need a range.

eric
                                                Participant

Dave, I will sometimes go shooting long distance near belfry on the wyo/mt border lot of blm land and nobody’s ever out there. Might be a good place to meet up and train. It’s about 45 min north of you.
                                                  Maybe Justin might be interested to.

Max
                                                  Keymaster

I’d drive up there to go to a class too if I have the time and money. I know a couple other guys I bet would like to go too. Do you guys know what kind of range a JM class needs? There is a lot of BLM out by Belfry, but I think private land would be better.

eric
                                                    Participant

Hey,Grunt im not sure what range mosby would need. But im guessing private could shoot him an email.
                                                      The mention on Belfry was more an informal meetup and training.

Justin
                                                      Participant

If a date is set for belfry, I’m in schedule permitting, and ifthere is a class with Mosby either local or even ifa few of us traveled to one I would be okay with entertaining that as well.

eric
                                                        Participant

Justin, my schedule is open for Mosby’s class in august. The class is a 4 day
                                                          21-24 in Cascade,ID. Really considering going. Dave,Grunt? would have to have
                                                          deposit in by july 14th.

Justin
                                                          Participant

Let me verify weather or not my boss can guarantee me the time off before I givea definite yes or no!

Max
                                                            Keymaster

I wouldn’t be able to go to a class that soon. But an informal “shoot” might be a little more do able.

Lineman
                                                              Participant

I am in Ravalli County…I’m going to be in the Butte area around the 4 of July if anyone wants to meet up…

eric
                                                                Participant

Well since a lot of our posts got deleted I’ll post again that I’m free from the 23-4 for a meet up.

Justin
                                                                  Participant

Dang a few did get deleted, yeah my boss didn’t give me any time of for mosbys, but I’m also free that last weekend as well

Max
                                                                    Keymaster

Here from Powell, Wy! :good:

Justin
                                                                      Participant

On September 12th practical firearms training is putting in a one day class here in billings anyone interested? http://practicalfirearmstraining.com/Course-Catalog/Tactical-Rifle-Courses/

Justin
                                                                        Participant

My brother just left for basic Ave I’m told his graduation is either the first or second week in September, once I know for sure I will know if I can do this class or not.

• #81955
                                                                          Max
                                                                          Keymaster

For us Montana folk. I gotta that sick feeling while driving behind some 1%er within my AO. I wanted to ID the local knuckleheads, pass on what i found. http://publicintelligence.net/confidential-montana-department-of-corrections-gang-guide/

• #81956
                                                                            Lineman
                                                                            Participant

Going to be in Bozeman for a few days if anyone wants to meet up for coffee…

• #81957
                                                                              Max
                                                                              Keymaster

Anyone here an amrron member?

• #81958
                                                                                Max
                                                                                Keymaster

Just registered here today after some months of reading MV’s posts as linked from Western Rifle Shooters Association. Been at that place since day one (Prairie Fire took a permanent dirt nap).

Located in northern Sheridan County WY. If any of you eastern MT folks are into radio, we might meet on 75m. Or around the Otter MT area.

• #81959
                                                                                  Max
                                                                                  Keymaster

I’ll keep you in mind too quietus. I don’t have any HF comms yet though. And where the hell is otter? Lol

• #81960
                                                                                    Max
                                                                                    Keymaster

Over in Cody, while I have an HF rig, I am only a tech so limited 10M privileges. I most likely will work on my General ticket over the winter if time allows.

• #81961
                                                                                      Max
                                                                                      Keymaster

You guys over in Cody and the Billings areas I’d like to keep in touch with ya’ll. I can’t do much right now as the hospitals are raking me over with bills and its wood cutting time, but I would like to maybe meet up and do some training or something when things settle down. I’m in Powell by the way.

• #81962
                                                                                        Max
                                                                                        Keymaster

Heck yeah Sharpshooter, After hunting season we should try to set something up.

• #81963
                                                                                          eric
                                                                                          Participant

Hey guys I exchanged some emails with John Mosbey about some training and he asked if I would like to host a class.
                                                                                            I don’t have any privete land.
                                                                                            So my question to you guys is there interest in getting a class together and would someone have land we could utilize?

• #81964
                                                                                            Justin
                                                                                            Participant

I’m in, but no private land. ..

• #81965
                                                                                              Max
                                                                                              Keymaster

Depending on when it is I would be interested. How much land does he need?

• #81966
                                                                                                eric
                                                                                                Participant

Not sure on how much land I would have to email him and ask. Date next spring.
                                                                                                  I wanted to see if there was any interest amongst the Montana/Wyoming crowd

• #81967
                                                                                                  Max
                                                                                                  Keymaster

i am interested. own no private land that will work for range. i will ask a few large land holders here in Missoula county.

• #81968
                                                                                                    Max
                                                                                                    Keymaster

My ears are up for a class with JM

• #81969
                                                                                                      Max
                                                                                                      Keymaster

Please keep me posted on this. I’m interested in attending but will have to see if finances allow me to. Thanks!

• #81970
                                                                                                        Lineman
                                                                                                        Participant

So how many people are still up for a Mosby class…I think he said he needed at least 25acres but would prefer 50…Also Kerodin is going to be in ID so his class on H2H would be a good one to have in the toolbox also…I do have the acreage and I’m in the bitterroot valley so let me know I think he said minimum of 8 guys but would rather have 12 but would have to check to make sure… Let me know on here or private msg on if your still up for it and what dates would work best…

• #81971
                                                                                                          Justin
                                                                                                          Participant

I would be very interested, I’ve got a baby due in June so then to probably late July is out for me but I am interested

• #81972
                                                                                                            Lineman
                                                                                                            Participant

Would a 4 day class work for you and what are some of the things you would want covered…Examples being TCCC,Land Nav,Combat Tactics, Retreat Defense…Let me know and anyone else chime in what you would like to see…

• #81973
                                                                                                              eric
                                                                                                              Participant

Definitely interested. I work 2week on and of rotation. I will check my schedule and I can give dates that I’m open just need to know what month.
                                                                                                                As far as topics. Sut,tc3 are highest on my list.

• #81974
                                                                                                                Justin
                                                                                                                Participant

I agree with Eric sut, and tc3 I would say are my priorities

• #81975
                                                                                                                  Lineman
                                                                                                                  Participant

Would Aug or Sept work better for you guys I am going to be too busy this spring for anything…

• #81976
                                                                                                                    Lineman
                                                                                                                    Participant

I could do June or July but sounds like someone is going to be a daddy then so thought maybe after would work for everyone and give people some time to save up for it…

• #81977
                                                                                                                      Justin
                                                                                                                      Participant

Lol thanks gotta work on building up that fire team! I would say Aug or early September for me!

• #81978
                                                                                                                        Lineman
                                                                                                                        Participant

Yea I hear you on that…Sept is great over here at that time of year warm days and cool nights perfect weather for runnin’ and gunnin’ during the day and campfire at night…If any of you aren’t tied down to where your at you should give this place a good hard look for relocation…

• #81979
                                                                                                                          eric
                                                                                                                          Participant

Aug/Sept sounds good.

• #81980
                                                                                                                            Max
                                                                                                                            Keymaster

sounds good. i am in.

• #81981
                                                                                                                              Lineman
                                                                                                                              Participant

4 down 4 to go for the minimum…

• #81982
                                                                                                                                Lineman
                                                                                                                                Participant

Hey would anyone be able to come for a whole week and bring their families… Just had a thought maybe we could train for the first four days Mon thru Thur and have a PatCon the Fri thru Sun or Mon if we have it the week before labor day…Would that be of interest to anyone…?

• #81983
                                                                                                                                  Justin
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Maybe, can’t commit to that quite yet!

• #81984
                                                                                                                                    Lineman
                                                                                                                                    Participant

No worries it was just something to think about…

• #81985
                                                                                                                                      eric
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Hey guys, Pat Goodale is having a defensive rifle class on March 21 in Billings. Cost is $200.

I took this class last September. And it’s a good class for weopons fundamental’s. No sut. But good individual weopons manipulation.

Any ways I plan on attending again.
                                                                                                                                        It would also be a good place to meet up.

If you Google Pat Goodale his sight will come right up. He is also running defensive handgun 1&2 two weeks earlier. But I can’t attend those. Btw handgun 2 is a really good class.

• #81986
                                                                                                                                        Max
                                                                                                                                        Keymaster

Hi there,
                                                                                                                                          New to the MVT forum and saw this Montana thread; just wanted to say I’m interested in a John Mosby class if one if offered not too distant…I’m in the western half of the state, but can drive if needed.

Also, FYI even though there are only a couple of Appleseed shoots on the calendar for 2015 right now, more are planned for Missoula and Great Falls with dates yet to be determined, and one for April 18-19 is on for Three Forks. Also still trying to set one up in the eastern part of the state.

To piggy back on the private land discussion, anyone with a minimum of 82 feet (25m) of range space and a safe backstop that wants to host an Appleseed, instructors are more than happy to come to you and put on a shoot for a private or public group.
                                                                                                                                          Cheers,

• #81987
                                                                                                                                          Lineman
                                                                                                                                          Participant

OK guys…I got a response from Mosby and he said it would have to be a minimum of 10 guys at $500 apiece but we will be getting a 4 day SUP and a 2 day TC3 so its definitely a fair price… He said we could split that up into two weekends or do it all in one shot…How many are still interested in doing that sometime in mid Sept…

• #81988
                                                                                                                                            Lineman
                                                                                                                                            Participant

I suppose if everyone wanted to pay more we could drop that number down to 8 or even 6 guys…

• #81989
                                                                                                                                              eric
                                                                                                                                              Participant

I’m still in. 6 days might be hard to fit in. definitely up for a four day sut class. I only get one full weekend off a month. So if we could work around that i’m all in. I will check my calendar and pm you with a date in September that im free

• #81990
                                                                                                                                                Justin
                                                                                                                                                Participant

I agree with Eric, and I’m still in!

• #81991
                                                                                                                                                  Max
                                                                                                                                                  Keymaster

I’m interested in the 4 day SUT, not so much the TC3. Can’t commit to Sept yet, and may not be able to give firm commitment for awhile yet, but if I were able to in Sept it would have to be some time between 17th-23rd. If/when I get my sept schedule ironed out I’ll let you know, but best not to count on me for that yet.

• #81992
                                                                                                                                                    Lineman
                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Well I will find out what time we would have to have our money in by and let you know…If mid Oct would work better also let me know on here or pm…Also guys if we don’t have enough people would you be willing to pay more than the 500 so we could still have it…

• #81993
                                                                                                                                                      Max
                                                                                                                                                      Keymaster

I’d be willing to pay a little more to make it happen if we are short by one or two folks. October would be better for me, but I can’t guarantee availability yet, schedule wise. But in theory somewhere in the Oct 1-7 or 15-21 time frame, for a 4 day SUT or patrolling type class would be great for me. Might be able to wrangle a friend or two to come with even. But see how much lead time we have to give and I’ll let you know if I can commit.

• #81994
                                                                                                                                                        Lineman
                                                                                                                                                        Participant

So if mid Sept deposits would have to be in my Aug 1 remainder on Sept 1…If mid Oct extend by a month…

• #81995
                                                                                                                                                          eric
                                                                                                                                                          Participant

October 3/4th would be the next available date I would be available.
                                                                                                                                                            And I also would be up for making this happen financially. Within reason.

• #81996
                                                                                                                                                            Justin
                                                                                                                                                            Participant

I’m down even if it is a little more with in reason. Just let me know ona date unless I get a new job I won’t have a problem getting time off. Early Sept or early Oct would work best for me.

• #81997
                                                                                                                                                              Lineman
                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Its crazy that we have one of the most views of post but only 9 people have commented…Is there no one else in MT?

• #81998
                                                                                                                                                                Lineman
                                                                                                                                                                Participant

So just wanted to let you guys know Mosby is doing a SUT class in Idaho Falls, ID on May 7 thru the 10 $500 per student if anyone wants to go sooner…

• #81999
                                                                                                                                                                  Max
                                                                                                                                                                  Keymaster

Ok, another one from Montana. I’m north of Billings. I would be interested in a class from Mosby also. More specifically, small unit tactics however, depending on how the summer pans out, I might be able to do a patrolling class. I don’t have a proper tactics class so that would be my first pick. Anytime in Septemeber/October I can make except September 26th. I plan on taking Pat Goodale’s advanced handgun class then. I am also willing to pay a little more to get Mosby’s class going.

Cheers to my fellow Montanan’s!

• #82000
                                                                                                                                                                    eric
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Welcome jte888. Hit me up sometime we can meet up do some shooting at 18 mile. Pat Goodale classes are good just took his defensive rifle class and handgun 1&2 was going to take the advanced handgun but it got cancelled.

• #82001
                                                                                                                                                                      Justin
                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Welcome indeed! I’m always down to shoot , been busy lately but I’m always in!

• #82002
                                                                                                                                                                        Max
                                                                                                                                                                        Keymaster

Eric,

We’re you just at Pat’s class a couple of weeks ago? If so we shot together.

I’m up for shooting at 17mile. I have 4 steel targets and can put up several paper targets as well. I also have a pistol shooting range at my house. I’m also a member of the rod and gun club so we can shoot there too.

• #82003
                                                                                                                                                                          eric
                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

I was at the defensive rifle class. I had the suppressed lwrc.
                                                                                                                                                                            I got some steel targets also.
                                                                                                                                                                            Justin and I have done some shoot,move communicate drills. It would definitely be nice to ad another.

• #82004
                                                                                                                                                                            Max
                                                                                                                                                                            Keymaster
                                                                                                                                                                            • #82005
                                                                                                                                                                              Max
                                                                                                                                                                              Keymaster

Keep me posted on the Mosby class, mostly interested in the SUT. But then again I do trauma care and critical care for a living and have many licenses and certs for this already.

• #82006
                                                                                                                                                                                Lineman
                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Hey all of us from MT need to be going to the ID PatCon…It will help us build tribe and make contacts that will be important to our survival in the future…I’m going to be there so would be nice to reconnect with some of you and also meet new brothers in arms…Head on over to Idahopatcon.blogspot.com and let them know your coming…

• #82007
                                                                                                                                                                                  Max
                                                                                                                                                                                  Keymaster

Lineman, PM sent. I am interested in the Mosby class.

• #82008
                                                                                                                                                                                    Max
                                                                                                                                                                                    Keymaster

I just took the Mosby SUT in May in Idaho Falls. I want to take another one. Is there any more Mosby classes coming up?

• #82009
                                                                                                                                                                                      Max
                                                                                                                                                                                      Keymaster

Not sure if things are still moving forward for a Sept or October SUT, but it seems I may be available after all for a 4 day SUT sometime in the Sept 17-23 neighborhood, or Oct 1-7 or 15-21. If sign ups are being taken, I’m in.

In other news, a full distance 400 meter Appleseed shoot in Great Falls next weekend, the 18-19th, and another shoot added for Helena, Missoula, and Columbia Falls each later this year.

• #82010
                                                                                                                                                                                        HiDesertRat
                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Thinking of moving to CDA in northern Idaho soon. Just checked a map and Missoula is just 2 1/2 hours away. Would love to do a Mosby class with you guys. Just not sure about timeline of Sept or Oct availability, will know soon. I completed MVT last year btw.

• #82011
                                                                                                                                                                                          Max
                                                                                                                                                                                          Keymaster

toss’n this out there, any of you want to carpool to a training class. think’n about latter in the year, October/November after harvest season. I’ve been sit’n on my thumbs for way to long. In West Central Montana.

• #82012
                                                                                                                                                                                            winter_is_coming
                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Considering move from Libtardia (western WA) to Montana, circa autumn, 2019 – approx one year from now – area of interest is central to eastern MT – any particularly recommended places to consider or to avoid? TYIA.

• #82013
                                                                                                                                                                                              Lineman
                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

WIC
                                                                                                                                                                                                What draws your interest to that area?

• #82014
                                                                                                                                                                                                winter_is_coming
                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Response to Lineman – Due to life (job) changes, have no more obligations to Washington state. I am not from WA state, but in the 5 plus years I have been here, I have seen great deterioration here – liberal craziness, incr taxes, very limited “like minded” … I like the intermountain NW/ rockies/great plains in terms of terrain, climate, am originally from MN so not bothered by cold weather, am interested in more conservative value location, want to live rural, seeking like minded … any MT feedback appreciated. TY.

• #82015
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Lineman
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Well I’m in the Bitterroot Valley of MT which is south of Missoula…Very conservative county, mild weather compared to the rest of MT called by those who know the Banana Belt of Montana because of its better climate…Lots of water, animals, ranches, and good people…The prices have started to rise from where they were 6 years ago but still can find something decent reasonable priced…If people would of came and bought when I first started advocating for building Community’s they would already have 15 to 25 percent equity in their place…Mid and Eastern MT are both dryer and colder with a lot more Wind…Mid MT is cheaper unless you get around Bozeman or Helena… Eastern has become more expensive because of the oil fields and don’t even think about Kalispell, Whitefish, or Great falls unless you like rubbing shoulders with what you just left…If you want to know more just PM me so we don’t clog up this thread…

• #82016
                                                                                                                                                                                                    winter_is_coming
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Well I finally made it to Montana – north central – anyone else here currently in the Montana AO?

Viewing 95 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.