MFT 30 round mags?

View Latest Activity

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      zeerf
      Participant

I wanted to see if anyone used these or knows anyone that has and the outcome.

Found one review and seems decent but did not spend a ton of time on it. Review

deal on mags

I like the idea of “MADE IN THE USA with a LIFETIME WARRANTY” if true.

Andrew
        Participant

I get quite a bit of stuff from Primary Arms. I know zero about the mags you mention, but PA is selling PMags for $9.99 too.

http://www.primaryarms.com/magpul-pmag-30-ar-m4-gen-m2-moe-black-mag571-blk

JustARandomGuy
          Participant

That’s frankly more a product advisory, less a review…. ;-)
            A few interesting features do not the equal of a Pmag (or other proven magazine) make, without other testing…

Here’s a couple anecdotal videos; obviously a sample of one or two in each does not a perfect test make either, but the overall point is fairly obvious;

Good news-
            It can take some drops…

But either the internals or dirt or just the spring itself sucks….

And apparently the feed lips do spread over time, per this guy’s note in this video (because it’s cheaper polymer, duh)…

I’m sure there’s more info out there, but an hour of blathering youtube “reviews” is about all I can stand. :wacko:

I can think of other mags I’d rather spend $60 on (plus shipping & tax, FYI, PA now charges both. Yay. :cry: ).
            D&H USGI magazines go on sale fairly often for around the same price, and I’d buy those all day over anything else in the $5-7 price range.
            OK Industries USGI mags are also $9.99 right now at 44mag.com.

Hope that helps.

First Sergeant

Something wrong with PMags?

You are going to be seeing a lot of sales like this. All these places stocked up before the election and can’t move their inventory at the prices they expected.

Shop around, it’s a buyers market for AR stuff.

FILO
              Signal Out, Can You Identify
              Je ne regrette rien
              In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Virgil Kane
              Participant

JustARandomGuy, I know what you mean about Youtube videos. Everybody’s an expert AR operator and likes to hear himself talk. I prefer the written word so I can scan it and get he relevant info.

zeerf
                Participant

Thanks for the info gents. Nothing wrong with PMags I use them and love them and I know you get what you pay for. Just like anything else things evolve and change this was more of a check to see if anyone had actually used these and had first hand experience (or knew anyone that did) with them rather than trust what we see and here on the interwebz. Great points from above links and will pass on them for now.

dnb
                  Participant

I’m having issues with lancer mags. Sending about 30 back to them for them to check out.

I have some metal mags that are good.

After using numerous brands of mags, magpul seem the most reliable is most weather / conditions I’ve shot in and are pretty easy to know when they are done. Still need to vet them in below zero temps.

Kicking myself for buying the lancers instead of just getting more pmags, pita. Pmags are readily 6-8 bucks at psa when deals come up.

Note, not a fan of the magpul ak pmags or the glock pmags. They are range mags only.

First Sergeant

I’m having issues with lancer mags. Sending about 30 back to them for them to check out.

I have some metal mags that are good.

After using numerous brands of mags, magpul seem the most reliable is most weather / conditions I’ve shot in and are pretty easy to know when they are done. Still need to vet them in below zero temps.

Kicking myself for buying the lancers instead of just getting more pmags, pita. Pmags are readily 6-8 bucks at psa when deals come up.

Note, not a fan of the magpul ak pmags or the glock pmags. They are range mags only.

PMags are fine in below 0 temps.

Out of curiosity, what issues have you had with the AK and Glock mags?

FILO
                      Je ne regrette rien
                      In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

trailman
                      Participant

I have a few magpuls for my Glock, they feel, light? is the best way I can put it.

RRS
                        Participant

Speaking of influence, perhaps the word is spreading from here. At a gun show today looking for a couple of 20 round mags when I approach a table and ask if he has any 20s. Guy answers that 20 round mags are the thing and just recently he could not give them away.

First Sergeant

Speaking of influence, perhaps the word is spreading from here. At a gun show today looking for a couple of 20 round mags when I approach a table and ask if he has any 20s. Guy answers that 20 round mags are the thing and just recently he could not give them away.

20 round mags have a place. I would not use them as my complete load-out, but I have used them in the past for certain situations and still carry two of them on my battle belt.

For mounted ops I found it easier to get in and out of a vehicle with a 20 round mag in the rifle. It made things easier in an up-armored vehicle with all my gear on.

It was also loaded with all tracer. I used the tracer to mark targets for my gunner.

I carry two of them on my battle belt instead of 30 round mags. I found that the 30’s got caught on my body armor, especially when seated. 20’s are easier to access for me when I have all my kit on.

FILO
                            Je ne regrette rien
                            In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

RRS
                            Participant

I bought two ACS 20 round mags for situations where I want a lower profile with my belt.

Speaking of marking targets, did you gents use binos much in locating enemy fighters? Reason I ask is that I have been reading Lind and Theile on the what they think is light infantry and they continually go back to hunters as examples. Well I know squat about being under fire but hunting I know and my binos are nearly as important as my top shelf hunting rifle.

First Sergeant

I bought two ACS 20 round mags for situations where I want a lower profile with my belt.

Speaking of marking targets, did you gents use binos much in locating enemy fighters? Reason I ask is that I have been reading Lind and Theile on the what they think is light infantry and they continually go back to hunters as examples. Well I know squat about being under fire but hunting I know and my binos are nearly as important as my top shelf hunting rifle.

Bino’s were used all of the time. From trying to ID enemy positions to just get a read of the area.

All vehicles had at least one full size set. Most of us carried a smaller set on us in our belt kit or patrol pack. I prefer Steiner.

FILO
                                Je ne regrette rien
                                In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.