Max Talk 011: Explaining the Move / Fire Technique

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Max Talk Series Max Talk 011: Explaining the Move / Fire Technique

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Excellent video Max, I think you’ve found a great style/format to put out information.

Max
          Keymaster

Thanks. I got an immediate thumbs down and this comment on the YouTube video:

“Has anyone ever been shot during one of your training classes and what type of insurance do you carry against being shot by friendly fire?”

JohnnyMac
            Participant

This is great. It’s a true professional tactics discussion. People that have experience, or are actual professionals, should be engaged as long as they aren’t the “well that’s not unit SOP” crowd. For some people this will go completely over their heads, and they’ll respond in one of two ways. Either they’ll say, “hey, there’s a lot I don’t know, maybe I should get some training” or “ego, ego, der….I know what I’m doing/don’t need to know that”.

This could generate good discussion.

You mentioned it as an “advanced technique” but not necessarily what makes it advanced. Two reasons, in my mind, are that you have to be a capable of actually firing accurately on the move (pretty common pew pew skill) but more importantly, being able to be self-aware enough to stay on line as your moving, and getting down at appropriate intervals (especially when things are as loud as they are). With all that fire, it’s hard to be heard/hear.

Max
              Keymaster

You mentioned it as an “advanced technique” but necessarily what makes it advanced. Two reasons, in my mind, are that you have to be a capable of actually firing accurately on the move (pretty common pew pew skill) but more importantly, being able to be self-aware enough to stay on line as your moving, and getting down at appropriate intervals (especially when things are as loud as they are). With all that fire, it’s hard to be heard/hear.

That’s a really good point and I did not cover it. Fodder for another video.

I am trying to upload the one I did this morning, on training progression. Likely it may take all night again. Satellite internet has shit the bed again. I am getting upgraded on Friday…

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I got an immediate thumbs down and this comment on the YouTube

Well the there are all kinds of people out there. ;-)

“ceramictiletonight” AKA Leo H. Bourne (Mechanicsville, VA) is probably not part of the target audience. Though you never know.

Of course this is a general estimate, but this looks like a “Porch Sniper” hobbyists rifle!

Just a assumption. B-)

JohnnyMac
                  Participant

ceramictiletonight” AKA Leo H. Bourne

MVT S2 for the win lol!

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

MVT S2 for the win lol!

Funny, some habits are just automatic.

Wanted to know whether just poor social skills or something else.

Asking about safety in its self is a legitimate question, of course context is the separation between inquiry and trolling.

So poor social skills, troll, or other?

JohnnyMac
                      Participant

poor social skills

I think this. A legitimate question, just completely out of context with respect to the subject matter. Considering some of the shenanigans that have happened at other schools, it’s a real concern for someone who hasn’t been to MVT.

Another good Max Talk topic: the value and importance of rehearsals in tactical training and as part of troop leading procedures. I’ve always had a bone to pick with the use of “Supervise” as a step. They should just call it “Rehearse/Inspect”

Scott G
                        Participant

This was a good Max Talk. I think adding the video to give a visual of what you are talking about helps. I think you should continue the pattern of visual reinforcement of the concepts you are discussing, when appropriate.
                          :good: :yahoo: :yes:

BrothersKeeper
                          Participant

Getting shot was definitely a concern of mine before I went to my first live fire class at MVT. I had the good fortune of taking land Nav first and getting a good measure of Max and the facility and I came away with a really good vibe. For the untrained it is difficult at times to believe something is safe just on someone’s word, no matter the bonifides of the organization. At this point though those seeking this kind of training should at least have a clue that after 5 years with 0 incedents and an impeccable safety record that Max knows what he is doing. I anticipate though that this will always be a common question for those with little experience, but we should continue to emphasize the high level of safety, professionalism and value of what MVT has to offer.

Max
                            Keymaster

Getting shot was definitely a concern of mine before I went to my first live fire class at MVT. I had the good fortune of taking land Nav first and getting a good measure of Max and the facility and I came away with a really good vibe. For the untrained it is difficult at times to believe something is safe just on someone’s word, no matter the bonifides of the organization. At this point though those seeking this kind of training should at least have a clue that after 5 years with 0 incedents and an impeccable safety record that Max knows what he is doing. I anticipate though that this will always be a common question for those with little experience, but we should continue to emphasize the high level of safety, professionalism and value of what MVT has to offer.

But really, the utility is limited on this forum, which is a closed audience, many of whom are alumni. The utility is posting these things outside, for general consumption.

William Crowe
                              Participant

But really, the utility is limited on this forum, which is a closed audience, many of whom are alumni. The utility is posting these things outside, for general consumption.

Already done, on your YouTube channel – wtcrowe88

JohnnyMac
                                Participant

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Training/The-Move-Fire-Technique/5-235762/

Upon second look, maybe it should have gone in a different section, but yeah, this will be interesting. :whistle:

Max
                                  Keymaster

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Training/The-Move-Fire-Technique/5-235762/

Upon second look, maybe it should have gone in a different section, but yeah, this will be interesting. :whistle:

YES! :yahoo:

Oh that should be good. I’m not going to look at it, to save my sanity. Highlights here?

JohnnyMac
                                    Participant

Highlights here?

Absolutely. 20 63 85 views so far, no comments. Chances are many can’t make it through the video, since it’s longer than 60 seconds. :wacko:

Or…the link isn’t embedding properly

riflemaniv
                                      Participant

It’s not embedding properly on my phone not sure about the desktop version. That’s one of the ODA teams in the clip I assume? Should be interesting to see if the arfexperts make any critiques not realizing who is in the clip.

A_A_Ron2guns
                                        Participant

Just don’t engage the trolls. They die out after awhile. It’s death to argue with them. Let the positive comments and posters crush them.

JohnnyMac
                                          Participant

It’s not embedding properly

Yeah, I’ve tried repeatedly to fix this, without avail.

JohnnyMac
                                            Participant

Still no comments on ARF :scratch:

Max
                                              Keymaster

Yesterday and today I held my nose and went in and posted several threads in the training section. No replies yet.

JohnnyMac
                                                Participant

I feel like a trapper, who finds all of his traps untriggered with bait still in them haha

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.