Max Talk 009: Why Max Velocity Tactical?

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Max Talk Series Max Talk 009: Why Max Velocity Tactical?

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

Civilianresponder
        Participant

Great video Max. Very engaging and interesting. Looking forward to more of these. Have you thought about posting these on instagram? I think that is a great platform and I would certainly pass these on there.

Max
          Keymaster

Thanks. Nice to know it was not a total waste of time!

In the past I have posted curt down version on IG, because the limit is 60 seconds. IG guys are basically retarded with 60 second attention spans, if that LOL! Is there any point in putting up the first minute? Will anyone follow a ink over to the main site? Doubtful…..?

JohnnyMac
            Participant

Nice Max, the tone is much more casual and personal. Best delivery yet.

As you pointed out yourself, the screen (and the hound at the end) were a bit distracting, but those are easy fixes.

I’m looking forward to the next one.

:good:

Civilianresponder
              Participant

Might be worth making a trailer. I follow links off IG all the time. I also think short sections of action from the training videos would be worth while. I would love to see that shit on there and would certainly share it.

BrothersKeeper
                Participant

Thanks for this Max. I’m sure it’s hard not to be overly critical of yourself when you watch these but you ar pretty good at them. It’s all about capturing the classroom Max which I feel is the person who needs to be on the video’s. I say this with all honesty when I say you are possibly the best teacher I have ever had. You have a tremendous amount of knowledge and wisdom to offer people and you have a teachers heart. Don’t let the camera rattle you. You ar good at this. These video’s are very helpful recruiting tools as well because it puts a human face to MVT. You are not a student eating monster, except when the combat leadership squad is combat innefectuve and keeps dying on the X. :wacko:

Max
                  Keymaster

But why? Why oh why? Why did you keep being combat ineffective….?

:unsure:

BrothersKeeper
                    Participant

“Defense department regrets to inform you that you’re sons are dead because they were stupid.”

GreenTip
                      Participant

Explains why MVT was founded. People have to buy into your philosophy of training and you just put a very human face on it. Nothing about any class at MVT is one and done. Great start!

William Crowe
                        Participant

Well done…. you could tell you were feeling more comfortable as it went on. What helped me (at Brady) was your “focus” on Rhodesia. My first year, I was busy trying to learn the individual skills, not real sure how it was going to fit together (yes, you explained it, I just couldn’t put 2 and 2 together at that time). This year, you continued with team skills but put the face of Rhodesia on it – the neighbor has been attacked and we need to do XX.

As a visual/doing learner (skills), it helps me to visualize context. I’m looking forward to more……

Brushpopper
                          Participant

Good Episode of Max Talk! Very casual and genuine, a lot like our hanging around talks after class at the lodge or at Mac’s B-B-Q. Looking forward to more. Giving the background on how you came to form MVT and the why/how was interesting. I also thought your explanation of the “why”, “why should I train”, or “why do I need to know how to run an ambush…etc…” was a good one. I have difficulty explaining to people the “why”, I seem to spend more time trying to get them to understand it’s not silly prepper/militia stuff.
                            I know your going to touch on it, but I would like to hear some of your insight on PT…. I know several of us are 40 in our travels around the sun, maybe some Old Man Fitness ideas or the like! I’ve been working on Pat MacNamara’s Combat Strength Training, and have notice some good gains with it….stronger and leaner and faster…. I’m sure you’ve got some good ideas rattling around that could toughen us up (or torture ;-) ) some more!

rommel
                            Participant

The only item missing in the background was a fireplace. Nice chat, looking forward to future episodes. B-)

Mike Q
                              Participant

Thoughts for other Max talks.

1.) What are the classes you offer? Maybe 30 second synopsis on each class…
                                2.) background information on The cadre perhaps.
                                3.) perhaps a video from the alumni weekend in August showing “shoot, move and communicate” in action

Thomas
                                Participant

Your video hit its mark when you talked about mental toughness.

What is mental toughness; how does someone become mentally tough; why are small unit tactics and firearms training so important and such a good vehicle for training mental toughness?

mdbjjc
                                  Participant

You mentioned John Lovell. He had a big following. Maybe you two should do a joint video. He interviews you? He loves training SUT so show him what you got. Invite him and/or do a joint training session together. Bring some of his followers to MVT.

Bring him for free or do some type of business arrangement together.

You interview him on your site and vice verse. You guys could chat about your experiences and talk about the values of this type of training for the common civilian. He’s a former Ranger. You guys could talk about the similarities and differences between the British/US approaches and why you are a bridge to both worlds.

It would increase your exposure.

Reach out to him and other reputable/high profile trainers.

mdbjjc
                                    Participant

I think he even did some type of patrolling class with James Yeager. For crying out loud, you can out compete JY! Below Lovell talks about training and much of what he talks about sounds familiar…basically your training paradigm.

Jim Tom
                                      Participant

Good job!

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.