Max Talk 003: Teamwork & Communication

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Max Talk Series Max Talk 003: Teamwork & Communication

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster
        JohnnyMac
        Participant

Great job Max, the quality of the videos are improving quickly!

As always, the content is money!!!!!

idahocajun
          Participant

Great episode Max! This is applicable to so many team situations. We use a similar approach to codes: Team leader, recorder, airway, IV access, meds, etc. The part about ego, false ego, and following when it is necessary is so true!!! I’m going to have our ER staff watch this and discuss. Keep up the great work, thanks!!!

Max
            Keymaster

ER staff. Cool, Be interested to get feedback from that. :good:

trailman
              Participant

Shared on FB, good video.

William Crowe
                Participant

Agree with IdahoCajun. There is MUCH here that can be applied to the corporate world. I have shared with my leadership in a Level 1 Trauma Center ED (interestingly, 2 are Marines). I’ll let you know the feedback.

hellokitty
                  Participant

Good video, although the uncut version is more lively. I recommend the CLC course. It is not an easy course. It is more difficult to follow than you would think. Everyone has an ego or a get it done mentality/personality. And I found it harder to keep that tamped down at CLC than actually leading, especially under stress. Another issue on communication was listening. As TL it was easy to get wrapped up in leading and fighting your team and not be listening to the squad leader. Kind of like getting focused on Ivan but on a larger level. I learned that it is best to give short loud commands when needed but stay quiet so you can hear commands coming down to you. That actually didn’t click until the last mission debrief. That goes as a rifleman too. I know this may sound counter to what you learned at CTT but you can move in pairs without talking. It allows you to hear commands from TL and SL.

HEAT 1(CTT) X 3
                    HEAT 2 (CP) X1
                    FOF X3
                    OPFOR X2
                    CLC X2
                    RIFLEMAN

JohnnyMac
                    Participant

As TL it was easy to get wrapped up in leading and fighting your team and not be listening to the squad leader. Kind of like getting focused on Ivan but on a larger level. I learned that it is best to give short loud commands when needed but stay quiet so you can hear commands coming down to you.

I was thinking the same thing. There can be not enough comms or too much.

Keeper
                      Participant

Great break down on the roles and levels of teamwork and communications in a group

thanks
                        Keeper

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.