Max: Lurking + Updates

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Lounge Max: Lurking + Updates

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

I’ve been lurking on my own forum for a bit, in the run-up to Christmas.

I put it over to you guys to keep the topics coming. This forum was never intended to be just a posting board for myself – that was always the blog. Here, it’s up to you guys to get the most out of your discussion.

We had a great Alumni / Team Rekkr weekend on the 14th. Time in meat space cannot be substituted.

I have been consumed working on Culpeper County 2A. We have a FB page but are working in real space. Some excellent folks involved in that. I have also created a FB group called Culpeper Volunteers in order to offer pro bono local (Culpeper) range training days, with the intent of meeting, building trust and realtionships, and offering training and leadership. Gotta get these guys off FB alone! It’s gonna be basic, you guys who have trained know the multitude of challenges we will face, from equipment, ego, fitness, etc. That’s assuming we can even get people to the range.

Lobby Day: I think it is important to do an IPB / risk assessment with Lobby Day on 20 Jan. I have heard a lot about guys intending to show up from all over, including from out of State, with rifles and PCs. Given the hysteria, it is not beyond possibility that between State security measures, possible hostile actors (antifa?), possible false flag, that Richmond on Lobby Day could go hot on a sliding scale. It is also possible that the new in session in January may act to take away carry inside the building on Lobby Day.

LittleBigBill
        Participant

Awesome leadership in putting yourself out there for pro bono training, etc.
          All eyes are on VA,excepting the MSM. (Whereas I don’t watch a lot of MSM broadcasts, what is the point when you can’t be sure of what is fake or so slanted as to not get the real story.) I’ve not seen a single MSM news story about the Virginia legislature’s impending clash with the 2nd Amendment.

I certainly do not wish the situation to go hot, but it would be great to see Progressives get bad press. It is really amazing that Virginia has done a 180 on one of the basic liberty ideals of the Bill Of Rights, given that this is one of the colonies that started it all 200+ years ago! But for the most part, all of the original 13 colonies have turned their backs on the Founding Father’s original intent of the Bill Of Rights, et al.

Thank you Max for your efforts and time. It is a worthwhile cause that could empower others to speak out against the tyranny that could come down from the Virginia legislature.

trailman
          Participant

All eyes are on VA,excepting the MSM. (Whereas I don’t watch a lot of MSM broadcasts, what is the point when you can’t be sure of what is fake or so slanted as to not get the real story.) I’ve not seen a single MSM news story about the Virginia legislature’s impending clash with the 2nd Amendment.

Does VA NOT have local affiliates? The state is too damn big not too, Like we have a hagerstown station. Can’t someones cousin, brother etc get interviews dressed up all nice and articulate. Enough of them and the national press start paying attention

trailman
            Participant

I would think that the biggest risk of an armed lobby day would be a repeat of Charlotsville. You’re going to have armed patriots in the crowd and the State will ALLOW antifa to attack them. Optics will be planned to be bad for us. The smart thing (not the easy thing) would be to fall on your sword. No weapons, or no ammo.I know that’s crazy but this is asymmetrical warfare , and needs to be played outside of the box. Maybe an agent provocateur in the antifa ranks, in hoodies and mask you could be Mickey from the Detriot Chapter. Remember the bad guys can carry too in VA.

First Sergeant

I would think that the biggest risk of an armed lobby day would be a repeat of Charlotsville. You’re going to have armed patriots in the crowd and the State will ALLOW antifa to attack them. Optics will be planned to be bad for us. The smart thing (not the easy thing) would be to fall on your sword. No weapons, or no ammo.I know that’s crazy but this is asymmetrical warfare , and needs to be played outside of the box. Maybe an agent provocateur in the antifa ranks, in hoodies and mask you could be Mickey from the Detriot Chapter. Remember the bad guys can carry too in VA.

I wasn’t going to respond to this but I have had enough.

Let’s continue to play nice and go to the politicians to beg them please don’t pass this bill, I might get upset.

Let’s all dress nice and don’t show those icky guns, Susie Soccer Mom will get her panties in a wad and demand that the state “Do Something”.

Optics? That battle was lost long ago. You will not get favorable press no matter what you do. The media is in the pocket of the left. Stop caring about the optics. They hate you and want you dead. Nothing is going to change that.

Uh oh, ANTIFA might do something. The horror. I can’t go because the children will show up and throw a tantrum. Better to show up unarmed so the same cycle can repeat itself again. Better yet, let’s stay home.

Let’s do what every other state has done. Show up, give impassioned speeches, dress nice, don’t show our guns and then go home and say “but we tried”. How has that worked everywhere else?

Hey, let’s get the courts involved. Judges will save us all. Then I wont have to get my hands dirty. Those black robed bastards are the reason we are in this mess to begin with.

This is a warning to the politicians, pure and simple. This is the exact reason for the 2nd Amendment. Politicians have stopped being afraid of the people they represent.

I guess those guys at Lexington and Concord should have showed up unarmed.

At some point we are going to have to stand up and say enough. Guess what? That involves taking risk and making a stand.

It ain’t about you. It’s about your children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. What kind of legacy do we want to leave for them?

If I go I will be well dressed. Like I am stepping off an patrol in Afghanistan.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

FILO
                Signal Out, Can You Identify
                Je ne regrette rien
                In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Max
                  Keymaster

While I agree entirely with 1SG’s sentiment, I’m over here trying to be Captain Sensible! The whole lobby day is interesting. There are those of us being sensible, and then there are various actors that may show up not being sensible. My concern is being (probaby forced to be unarmed) in the Capitol building when it kicks off outside to whatever extent. Whether you go unarmed or in PC, if it turns into urban warfare, you are there in and among a bunch of untrained unknowns.

I would rather that if things came, they come more on my terms, and hopefully with some better trained people.

I am in internal debate about the whole Lobby Day thing. For those if us being sensible, and playing the usual games, thibgs may already have gotten beyond that in ways that cannot be controlled.

One thing I will say, is that I will not tolerate infringement, and I am more than readys to stand against tyrannny on the day. I think we have once chance, 2020, to stand. I hope Virginia makes us proud, and pushes back against the unlawful tyrants in Richmond. I hope the wave pushes out from the epicenter and spreads to other states. We have one chance before Virginia is gone.

The rest is just specific tactics and time and place at this time. I am still in debate about Lobby Day and if / how to dress.

Mike Q
                  Participant

For the record, it will be January 20th. It will be cold. A big jacket will cover all kinds of things. A full plate carrier can easily be hidden. A rifle can be broken in half a put in a backpack. Or you can carry it slung, up to you…

RobRoy
                    Participant

I don’t give two flying fucks about nice but the armed march that’s a recipe for disaster, it plays well in some people’s minds but they forget while they might get 12 likes on any old forum the enemy buys ink by the trainload and bytes by fusion center worth and owns the airwaves. And as much as I call the Left/Establishment stupid the audience they play to is even more gullible.

Go ahead and have your armed march and listen to the usual tough talk, but here is what will probably happen, the establishment will get an opening and launch into the usual Cultural Marxist propaganda and label this group “sexist, racist, and homophobic” and then the tough talkers will suddenly be obsessesed with being “nice.” If I had a fiat dollar for every right wing tough talkin conservative who got azz rammed by the usual Cultural Marxist rhetoric I could buy VA and make it a private shooting range.

And if anyone wants to lecture me about their gay black tranny friend’s hannukah party, just fucking save it, till you learn to dominate the “social game” and can mind fuck the establishment lackies you are wasting your breath.

RobRoy
                      Participant

And if anyone thinks I’m not a nice conservative then read Matt Bracken’s opinions on this, he has more cred than I do anyway.

FTR Max had a good idea during the Bundy goat rope, unarmed and peaceful for the cameras in the conflict area a QRF within range.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by RobRoy.
                        Short Stroke
                        Participant

I agree with First Sergeant’s sentiments as well. I simply don’t know where to begin to help the cause. I believe that there are many people who feel that way (or will soon, as the word spreads, as the laws are actually proposed, etc.). Many ordinary men who don’t ever touch their rifles will wake up, looking for a way to help preserve our freedom. With children and plenty to take care of, I don’t have loads of free time, but I will make it for this. It’s best to keep things as local as possible, so if anyone knows of anything that can be done in Fairfax County, hit me up. There is the change.org petition that I saw, but that’s it.

First Sergeant

Max and I have talked about this before this post came up.

Right now there are thousands of Virginians having conversations that none of you will ever be privy to. There are other COA’s being discussed by counties, small towns and people everywhere in the state. You will never hear about those. There is absolutely no reason to talk to the media to try to get them on our side. That is never going to happen. How some of you don’t understand that is mind boggling.

As far as the fear being shown by others, you have let the leftist win.

If you can’t see that this is something that is completely different from other things that have happened in the rest of the country, I don’t know what else to tell you.

You will never get the perfect situation, the perfect timing, the perfect person. This is it. You aren’t going to change it. You are not going to prevent anything. Whatever happens is the new reality that we are going to have to deal with.

Right now the democrats don’t have a clue how to deal with this situation. They are completely off guard, which can be seen by their responses. Their is no leader for them to go after to discredit. The majority of the state has told them to fuck off.

I posted this in the Quotes Thread and it got no response. This fits perfectly with what is going on.

“THESE are the times that try men’s souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated” Thomas Paine

FILO
                            Je ne regrette rien
                            In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Pinky
                            Participant

To respond to Scott…perfect quote at the right time.

Thomas Paine is worth reading. While I disagree wholeheartedly on his opinion on organized religion (he believed in God, but had great disdain for organized religion), he was a wise man in many other areas.

A few other notables from him that should/might sound familiar:

“What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated.”

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.”

“Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”

“Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.”

Let us not be the summer solider or sunshine patriot. I believe trying times are ahead that will not have a short-term solution.

RobRoy
                              Participant

Please note I did not say be a pussy. Since I couldn’t sell free beer or teach a thirsty man how to drink that free beer I’ll leave it to people with leadership and teacher skills to organize something or another. I’ll stick with Matt Bracken’s opinions, IMO they are well thought out tactical responses that will yield good optics but more importantly not be used as a bludgeon to demoralize our side.

The enemedia will be interviewing conservative goofballs and elevating them to leadership positions then they will destroy said goofballs. Eg; the Bundy goat rope, I think our side dodged a bullet only because the Bundy’s themselves stepped up to the plate to play goofball conservative and then when they lead him on to talk about “Race” they slaughtered only the Bundys and did not land a direct blow on the patriots, but it was a close call.

Short Stroke
                                Participant

:good: @First Sergeant

First Sergeant

Please note I did not say be a pussy. Since I couldn’t sell free beer or teach a thirsty man how to drink that free beer I’ll leave it to people with leadership and teacher skills to organize something or another. I’ll stick with Matt Bracken’s opinions, IMO they are well thought out tactical responses that will yield good optics but more importantly not be used as a bludgeon to demoralize our side.

The enemedia will be interviewing conservative goofballs and elevating them to leadership positions then they will destroy said goofballs. Eg; the Bundy goat rope, I think our side dodged a bullet only because the Bundy’s themselves stepped up to the plate to play goofball conservative and then when they lead him on to talk about “Race” they slaughtered only the Bundys and did not land a direct blow on the patriots, but it was a close call.

Let me put this as plain as possible. Fuck Matt Bracken’s opinion. It’s just that, an opinion. This is not the Bundy Ranch and it ain’t Oregon.

He ain’t here and he ain’t in charge of shit. Neither are any of the bloggers from around the country writing their opinion’s and giving unsolicited advice on what Virginian’s should and shouldn’t do.

Merry Christmas

FILO
                                    Je ne regrette rien
                                    In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

RobRoy
                                    Participant

Go ahead do what you want, my prediction still stands.

Merry Xmas to you as well

gramma
                                      Participant

Well, since I’m about halfway from MVT to Va… let me know if there’s anything I can do. I have heatedrooms and food and fresh water, come what may. I’m wishing I’d pushed to get my antenna up… and I may yet, since I currently have some help that way and the weather’s been decent.

I have been promoting out of state contributions to VCDL, so the judicial fight can take place, for those far enough away that they can’t reasonably show up front & center.

Unless Richmond completely backs down, I’m afraid y’all need to listen to 1st Sarge. The bits and pieces of info I CAN find and pull together, along with almost 30 years of experience with Virginia’s changes, demographically… lead me to conclude that something will definitely tip past the point of no return on the 20th. I can’t predict open hostilities so much, but the possibility increases the more the “official” flunkies double down on their rediculous threats. But at the same time, someone somewhere is no doubt thinking up dirty tricks to pull, to shift blame for anything that does eventually happen.

Out here in the hills, there is massive support and planning to assist. None of that’s happening digitally.

Of concern, is the number of other states trying the same kind of draconian, unconstitutional crap. Georgia, is the most recent one I heard of. At the same time, the 2nd Amendment Sanctuary movement is spreading as well.

Looking at the big picture all those pieces make up, it starts to resemble balkanization.

And we can all have a blessed Yule and cherish our families and friends. Till next month.

wildbill
                                        Participant

For years now I have watched the downward slide of civility and the rise of those who will not just leave you alone to live your life. I have worked with organizations trying to return back to the Constitution to no avail. I see no peaceful way out of where this is all heading and being older I am ashamed that my generation either helped get us to this point or did nothing to reverse the course.

So I am with Thomas Paine when he wrote “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child (and grandchildren) may have peace.”

gramma
                                          Participant

WildBill, NC is one of the states I noted that prefiled the same kind of gun control laws.

wildbill
                                              Participant

WildBill, NC is one of the states I noted that prefiled the same kind of gun control laws.

Unfortunately I no again it is the same story here and if they see the Tyrants win in Virginia they will push even harder here.

Seriously thinking about being there on the 20th, maybe see a few of you there too.

Spencer
                                              Participant

I’ll be there, despite the warnings of any friends that I’ve discussed this with and their question of “what difference will it make if you go or not?”

I’m not making any plans for after January 20, 2020 because I have no idea what will happen. All I know is I’m going, I’ll be as ready as I can be, and we’ll see what happens.

DCH 10/2019
                                                H.E.A.T. 1 12/2019

First Sergeant

Go ahead do what you want, my prediction still stands.

Merry Xmas to you as well

Are you from Virginia?

I am so relieved to have your permission to do what I want. That’s what I have been waiting my whole life for, your approval. Fuck, how have I accomplished anything without you signing off on it. Remember I never said if I was going.

Tell me in detail what Virginian’s should do. Keep in mind that I live in an extremely red area. What do I tell the 78 year old woman that I had a conversation with about all of this? That she initiated. The 26 year old man?

Keep in mind you don’t know a fucking thing about what else is going on.

FILO
                                                  Je ne regrette rien
                                                  In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

RobRoy
                                                  Participant

This is not addressed to the 1st. Go ahead attend an armed march in the Blue Hive of Richmond, but my prediction still stands.

Max
                                                    Keymaster

Where is the thread on rifle recommendations? I need it for sone questions in Culpeper Volunteers.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

It’s in the The Armory – Gear and Equipment, under Weapons, then stickied.

AR Manufacturers Parts 1, 1.5 and 2

Max
                                                          Keymaster

Thanks joe.

Max
                                                            Keymaster

That is a long thread. Do we have a concise list of firearms recommedations / parts etc?

I am getting questions and wany to give people easy answers. Getting questuons about provate sales and worry what quality they may end up with.

@firstsergeant

Max
                                                            Keymaster

Here’s an amusing one. The chaps at these various blogs out there, none of whom are in Virgina, were happy to repost some stuff from MVT (i.e. me) when they thought I was wrong i.e. my paramilitary law commentary. Sites like WRSA and Captains Journal are all over commenting on the Virginia situation, because they think we are going to kick off their situation for them, while they watch from safety. Happy to lurk on this blog. Posting stuff from Matt Bracken who apparently thinks he has a dog in the fight, from his boat in Florida (nothing intended Joe, your support here is invaluable!)

Yet now MVT, and you Virginians, are at ground zero for this, and we are doing real stuff all over Virginia. On my part, Culpeper County 2A and Culpeper Volunteers. Yet, not a word of support from these guys, who are allegedly pushing on behalf of Liberty?

I know many of them receive my mailer, hence the response from Captains Journal previously about the paramilitary law, reposted in a critical manner on WRSA. These guys are not in VA and are not living this. They should be offering support. I have seen none so far.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Posting stuff from Matt Bracken who apparently thinks he has a dog in the fight, from his boat in Florida (nothing intended Joe, your support here is invaluable!)

I have enjoyed Matt Bracken’s books, but in my opinion he has hurt his credibility by some of his associations online.

Regarding the AR Manufacturers Parts 1, 1.5 and 2 thread, make sure people read entire thread. There are a few recommendations that no longer apply. These are addressed by First Sergeant throughout post.

First Sergeant

This is not addressed to the 1st. Go ahead attend an armed march in the Blue Hive of Richmond, but my prediction still stands.

I figured you wouldn’t answer any of my questions. Not surprised at all.

If your aren’t here to help, you are part of the problem.

@RobRoy
                                                                  , don’t post in any Virginia thread from here on out. This is your only warning.

FILO
                                                                  Je ne regrette rien
                                                                  In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Viewing 25 reply threads
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.