Land Navigation

View Latest Activity

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Corvette
      Participant

Guys,

Let’s not let what happened to H2H happen to Land Navigation. I don’t know about you, but I need this course and I’m already signed up. If you have attended CP you may have had a similar experience I did during the recce patrol; disaster. I have little or no idea how to follow topo maps, or understand distances, etc.

Sign up for this course; you won’t be disappointed (you know that if you have ever attended any of Max’s other courses). Its a 2 day class, great price: no excuses. :good:

trailman
        Participant

I’m approved to go. :yahoo: Need to CFO to get the check in the mail.

Corvette
          Participant

Awesome!

Corvette
            Participant

Good stuff fellas!
              Go and get it!! :yahoo:

Max
              Keymaster

Not to try to take away what Max is doing, but if you have a local REI near you, they sometimes offer a map and compass class that covers land navigation. It seems like a good option if you can’t travel to Max’s site. It might be a good stopgap.

Corvette
                Participant

Yea I heard about those, and may take a couple in our area to practice. I think MVT’s Land Navigation might still be better because he obviously brings a different perspective, and i’m guessing will focus a little more on recce patrols and such than REI would :yes: And i’m only 4 hours from Max’s, so it’s not a big deal for me to drive down there for a good class. Thanks for the suggestion though; have you attended REI’s navigation course? How were they?

JustARandomGuy
                  Participant

Guys,

Let’s not let what happened to H2H happen to Land Navigation…..

You mean H2H, TC3, “TEWT” lecture, and all the other classes I’d like to attend someday but keep getting canceled before class #1 happens? :whistle:
                    OK, maybe TC3 was more “lack of interest at the time I wanted to attend”, but still… apparently we’re all going to be Neo?
                    This is annoying.
                    Lord knows I can barely find my way around on roads with a GPS, so I need this one! haha

trailman
                    Participant

Checks going out this week for the 8-9 class so don’t cancel the damn thng.

trailman
                      Participant

Someone cashed my check so I’m in. Who else is going to be there.

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.