Just add terrorist

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Current Affairs & Topical News Pieces Just add terrorist

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      AntMan
      Participant

I found this story and I think it brings an important issue. Irregardless of the criminal, the fact that so many of these foiled plots are enabled by undercover agents until the last minute seems like a large over-reach.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/synagogue-attack-pueblo-colorado-stopped-by-fbi-alleged-white-supremacist-arrested-today-2019-11-04/

2xcqbc
        1xclc

wheelsee
        Participant

Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead. Mark Twain (IIRC)

rampantraptor
          Participant

I think a good part of the reason why they wait until “the last minute” (for lack of a better term) is that the further the suspect goes forward the easier it is to prosecute the case in court. If it’s just some random asshole talking about bombing the Jews on the Internet that’s protected under the First Amendment, which is what a defense attorney will argue to a jury, once he’s purchased what he believes to be working destructive devices from the undercover agent he’s committed an actual felony that’s much more prosecutable. Anyone with better knowledge on this key in but I believe standard practice is to offer “off-ramps” to these guys before they get this far (“You sure you wanna go forward with this?”, etc.) so it doesn’t look like entrapment.

Biggest lesson of this is don’t buy bombs from strangers off the Internet lmao

DiznNC
            Participant

That might quite possibly be the internet quote of the day.

trailman
              Participant

Anyone with better knowledge on this key in but I believe standard practice is to offer “off-ramps” to these guys before they get this far (“You sure you wanna go forward with this?”, etc.) so it doesn’t look like entrapment.

Biggest lesson of this is don’t buy bombs from strangers off the Internet lmao

I’ll go out on a limb here, I heard this on the radio the other day and I’m not condoning criminal action by nut bags.

Regardless of what RR said about off-ramp. Just how f’ning much were the feds agent provocateur’s in this situation. How many times have you heard (“And its always White supremacists”), he/they/she/it was arrested after federal agents provided “X”. Any number of these people are surveilled up the wazoo. A guy in suit from the FBI ATF DKST agency could flash a badge and ask them what they were up to and once they cleaned their shorts they wouldn’t be heard from again.

I ask you this, where are the same articles on ANTIFA? They have stuff plastered all over the internet of their “intention” to burn the country down. Why isn’t the FBI trying to sell them pipe bombs. :negative:

AntMan
                Participant

I ask you this, where are the same articles on ANTIFA? They have stuff plastered all over the internet of their “intention” to burn the country down. Why isn’t the FBI trying to sell them pipe bombs.

Winner winner chicken dinner. At least they manage to thrown in the occasional ISIS supporter.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  AntMan.
                  • This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  AntMan.

2xcqbc
                  1xclc

rampantraptor
                  Participant

I’m guessing that the reason you don’t see many Antifa guys getting caught up in these schemes is that they have good networking and if they were seeking to make a bomb they wouldn’t need to reach out to outsiders. Bombs themselves are pretty simple, the biggest issues are sourcing materials and putting them together correctly so you don’t go boom with it.

Remember that leftists are far less concerned about breaking “the law” than those on the right are. Any EOD tech or even a basic infantry guy trained on counter-IED stuff could probably transmit knowledge among their ingroup. Not advocating telling all your buddies how to build bombs but clusters of leftists in urban areas probably have more developed institutional knowledge on this than the disparate Natzis spread out over the rural northwest.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.