Foot Care Kits

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Self-Reliance & Preparedness Medical Care Foot Care Kits

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe (G.W.N.S.)

OK, since we have all been doing PT and Rucking as part of our preparations and training (Right?).

You may have experienced blisters and maceration, Hopefully you have avoided sprains and fractures.

Rucking in particular exposes our feet to extreme stresses, for many of us who are older in particular, but the young as well. We need to take the time for our feet to toughen up. In fact it may take much longer for your bodies structure to adapt to this slowing endurance gains until structure catches up.

There is a good thread on Socks that is worth reading.

Like many subjects here, there are many different ways to achieve proper foot care in the field. It will take some trial and error to find what works best for you.

Many with experience in these matters just purchase our favorite products and build our own foot care kit. If you don’t have this background there is no shortage of articles on internet. Much of the advice in these articles is conflicting. I am not going to attempt explain the best, since my best might be different than your results.

For the novice I am going to recommend considering one of the Trama 1.

TRAUMA 1…….Custom Medical Solutions for Everyday Life

At TRAUMA 1 we provide medical kits for ANY and EVERY situation that contains what you need, and only what you need.
        If our listed kits do not offer you the solution you need, contact us and we can create custom kits that are ideal for you and your situation, for no additional charge at any quantity.

In there Foot Care Section they have several kits prebuilt.

Foot Care Kit $15.00

Foot Care XL $17.00

Foot Care Plus Electrolytes $20.00

Even if you don’t want to purchase their kits, it will provide a decent shopping list for your own kit.

I personally like their Foot Care XL, it is the closest to my kit.

Don’t end up like this!

” alt=”” />

trailman
        Participant

THat looks a lot like my Uncle Bobby when he is drinking.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Good information from the past, particularly for newer members.
            :good:
            Here is a newer link Observations and some advice that is worth reading.

More than just foot care, but information is also covered

tango
            Participant

Thanks for digging all this old stuff up!

Jamison
              Participant

So, I’ve switched over to Leukotape from moleskin, seems to work better for me, stays put and it’s in tape form. I usually wrap it around an old hotel card. It works really well.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Yearly bump, information for new members.

xsquidgator
                  Participant

I’ve seen moleskin at my neighborhood pharmacy, but what’s the best place to buy Leukotape?
                    This is one of those things I’d like to improve the kit I stick in the pack. I’ve been mighty glad for athletic tape since getting into this but I’d like to make use of this info!

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

what’s the best place to buy Leukotape?

CVS/Walgreens for local though Amazon has good prices.

riflemaniv
                      Participant

Leukotape, Bodyglide Skin and lacing my boots differently helped solve my foot problems when backpacking and hiking. I lube my feet up with the Bodyglide and tape all known areas I have gotten blisters before and problem solved. ITS tactical had a good foot care article a few years back that help me greatly. I got my Leukotape on Amazon.

DuaneH
                        Participant

Womens’s knee high nylon stockings.
                          You have to get used to your feet sliding around a little in your socks, but it cuts way down on the friction on your skin.

Something I learned decades ago growing up in KY was that many horseback riders wore pantyhose to keep from chafing.

If you are a big guy like me and have problems finding stockings to fit, drive to an area with a high concentration of ethnic minorities of african descent (sic) and go to a convenience store. They tend to have all sizes including xxxxL.

THICK high percentage merino wool socks help me.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Bump!

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Close enough for a yearly bump.

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.