Firearms I want to Test Drive.

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Weapons Firearms I want to Test Drive.

• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by JohnnyMac. This post has been viewed 301 times
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Well let’s see who I can get to go nuts! ;-)

Seems every time I discuss a interesting (to me) Firearm someone goes batshit crazy. :wacko:

Remember despite looking I’ve not changed from my Beretta M9 or Colt AR as my serious use firearms. It’s not like I really want or need to change, but without a test drive how can I have a legitimate opinion.

I test drive newer vehicles at least once a year too, but haven’t bought new in many years. I like knowing my options.

So in no particular order:

CZ Bren S2 pistol

I am interested in the 5.56 mm in 8″ and 11″ barrel lengths with a side folding brace.

I’ve fired the earlier CZ Bren 805 and was favorably impressed, though not enough to purchase.

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S2 Pistol Micro w/Brace

Again I’ve fired the larger, but still compact Scorpion and really liked it.

IWI Carmel

This is new and has not entered the U.S. market, but still it’s of interest just because. ;-)

IWI UZI Pro 9mm Pistol w/ folding Tailhook MOD 1 brace

With the exception of the Carmel the trend is obvious I am most interested in small platforms for potential discrete uses.

Really the Scorpion Micro and Uzi Pro are the most interesting to me at this time.

Civilianresponder
        Participant

Id love to to try out all of those. I’ve been eyeballing those cz scorpion pistols.

JohnnyMac
          Participant

I’ve been super interested in the CZ Bren 2. I’m trying to find closer detail of the bolt release, but haven’t found a good photo. It looks like it’s in the trigger guard?

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

…but haven’t found a good photo. It looks like it’s in the trigger guard?

I believe it has a paddle type on left side (AR style) and in the trigger guard.

I’ll find the description and post it.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

At the 8:00 mark he shows the left side paddle and at the 6:50 shows trigger guard release.

Hope this helps.

JohnnyMac
                Participant

That bolt release inside the trigger guard seems like an ND waiting to happen. I’m not saying training can’t overcome that, but it’s asking for trouble with someone not well trained on the platform.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

…it’s asking for trouble with someone not well trained on the platform.

Of course that applies to all with improper or no training. ;-)

I know many have voiced this concern, but like you stated training is the answer.

With the AR type release also I am not as concerned. I haven’t handled it yet, but depending how the paddle and forward trigger guard bolt release integrate it may be possible to deactivate that feature leaving just the side paddle.

A forward push doesn’t seem anymore conducive to a ND than the Garand style safety.

jwf
                    Participant

I want to tryout the Bren 806 and the Imbel IA2, we probably wont ever see a civilian IA2 though.

JohnnyMac
                      Participant

CZ Bren S2 pistol

Despite my concern over the bolt release, I still want to check this out

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.