Home Forums Tactics & Leadership Combat Media Fire-Movement-Cover

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      JohnnyMac
      Participant

My apologies if everyone has seen this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLHU-_OhT8g

A few caveats before hitting some discussion points:
        1. I have no idea where the enemy is, I’m assuming way the hell across the valley.
        2. I don’t know what size element this guy is rolling with or what their mission is.

1) In the beginning he’s yelling for his bros to lay down some fire, he then proceeds to move. It seems like he might be trying to move without ADEQUATE suppressive fire
        2) He’s moving downhill, with little cover to speak of. It seems pretty hard to move anywhere that’ll be advantageous, why run all over the place? (3-5 second rushes anyway right?) I’d think you would want to be heading up slope or to the nearest cover.
        3) In force on force, we’re conditioning to fight through extremity wounds. I liked how he went for his rifle to try to get back in the fight. What I’m wondering is why he’s staying behind cover, is it because he’s suppressed or concerned over the shot he just took?

Have at it.

ellobo
        Participant

The description under the video might give you better insight.

JohnnyMac
          Participant

From the description: ” I got a hit a total of 4 times. My helmet cam died and i made it down the mountain on my own. I was also hit in the side of my helmet and my eye pro was shot off of my face. We were doing overwatch on the village to recon and gather intel. I was point heading down the face of the hill with the LT. when we got hit. the rest of the squad was pinned down by machine gun fire. I didn’t start the video until a few mins into the firefight for obvious reasons. I came out into the open to draw fire so my squad could get to safety.”

“A round struck the tube by my hand of the 203 grenade launcher which knocked it out of my hands. When I picked the rifle back up it was still functional but the grenade launcher tube had a nice sized 7.62 cal bullet hole in it and was rendered useless. ”

Discussion points still stand.

hellokitty
            Participant

I have seen this video before. I beleive 1SGT and Max have commented in earlier post somewhere. I am no expert. However, couple of things to consider. He is in the open and there is no cover in his immediate area. We cannot tell where his squad is located in video which would make a big difference where he can move to. Don’t want to walk into outgoing. In the video I noticed that the only cover I can find is off to the right a good 30 meters away. I beleive he is trying to get there once he started taking accurate machine gun fire. He gets hit as he is moving to cover. Also, we dont know what his LT was telling him to do or what the mission was. I am not faulting him at all on what he did. He was caught in a bad situation from what I can tell. And video never really show the whole situation. But again I am no expert.

HEAT 1(CTT) X 3
              HEAT 2 (CP) X1
              FOF X3
              OPFOR X2
              CLC X2
              RIFLEMAN

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.