‘EXTREMELY DANGEROUS’: Dramatic Video Shows Flash Floods Ravaging Baltimore

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Self-Reliance & Preparedness ‘EXTREMELY DANGEROUS’: Dramatic Video Shows Flash Floods Ravaging Baltimore

• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 10 months ago by Anonymous. This post has been viewed 76 times
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Many natural threats to prepare for, don’t put it off. Never no when things will go bad.

‘EXTREMELY DANGEROUS’: Dramatic Video Shows Flash Floods Ravaging Baltimore Metro Area

Excerpt:

The Baltimore Metropolitan area is experiencing flash flooding Sunday, prompting U.S. officials to advise residents to seek higher ground.

At 4:40 p.m. EST, the National Weather Service sent out a warning to Ellicott City in Howard County, Maryland.

“**FLASH FLOOD EMERGENCY** remains in effect for Ellicott City. This is an EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AND POTENTIALLY CATASTROPHIC situation and you must move to HIGHER GROUND IMMEDIATELY AND STAY AWAY FROM ANYWHERE WHERE WATER IS MOVING,” tweeted the National Weather Service.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

This has happened before.

riflemaniv
          Participant

My buddy and MVT alumni lost his sister two years ago in the last flood there. He almost lost his wife and mother in law also. Scary shit.

trailman
            Participant

Was just gonna say when I saw the first video this isn’t the first time E City flooded. We had it bad here in the city last week, I wonder how the VTC fared?

wheelsee
              Participant

Prayers for the rescue swimmers and support personnel. To put in perspective – the opening shots are similar to a Class V (or higher) river run

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_scale_of_river_difficulty

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

similar to a Class V (or higher) river run

I have extensive experience in these conditions, never underestimate the threat these conditions exhibit.

Anonymous
                  Inactive

Ellicott City had flooding like this just two years ago, and that was considered “historic” levels of flooding back then. Honestly when I first saw the footage I was wondering why someone was sharing old videos of the flood. With the increasing strength of these hurricanes and Ellicott City flooding so frequently I’m not sure how much longer businesses will be able to keep up down there with the insurance.

One of my favorite video game shops just reopened not too long ago and I didn’t get a chance to visit before this happened. :scratch:

There’s still a guy missing from the flood, one report I read said he disappeared looking for some lady’s cat.

The Jones Falls runs underneath the I-83 in Baltimore, it got at least 20 feet deep at points and flooded Clipper Mills on the other side of the neighborhood. That whole stream became a death trap. I live on higher ground so for me the risk is primarily power outages.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.