Drug Restant Gonorrhea

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Self-Reliance & Preparedness Medical Care Drug Restant Gonorrhea

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      DuaneH
      Participant

I have actually known about this for a few years now. I even had a patient during my recent ob/gyn clinical that had a strain of this.

I put together a list of antibiotics to have on hand in case of TEOWATAKI and on this list I had Cipro. At the time (10 years ago), it could still be used to treat gonorrhea (at least in some cases).

I am posting this because it is now making news.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2017/Antibiotic-resistant-gonorrhoea/en/

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/07/health/resistant-gonorrhea-antibiotics/index.html

Keep in mind that the sexual revolution was not only fueled by birth control, but by antibiotics used to treat STDs.

I realize that preppers don’t intend to be promiscuous post collapse, but rape happens.

Corvette
        Participant

Keep it zipped up.

idahocajun
          Participant

Yeah, Cipro is still great for some UTI’s, prostatitis and GI bugs…but for the good old GC, azithromycin and doxycycline are the way to go. Superbugs are no joke, and are already here. Thanks for the post Duane!

DuaneH
            Participant

Yeah, Cipro is still great for some UTI’s, prostatitis and GI bugs…but for the good old GC, azithromycin and doxycycline are the way to go. Superbugs are no joke, and are already here. Thanks for the post Duane!

Actually no. Having re read my post, let me clarify. Cipro has long since been a first line treatment against gc; however, 10 years ago when i put together my list it was still an option.
              The current strain that is showing up is not only resistant to cipro, but to azithromycin and ceftriaxane, and doxycycline and cefiximine.

idahocajun
              Participant

Wow…glad we’re not seeing that up here yet….was only a matter of time

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.