Culpeper County = Constitutional County

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Current Affairs & Topical News Pieces Culpeper County = Constitutional County

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

It passed this morning via the Board of Supervisors. Really impressed. The county attorney modified the resolution for the better. They amended the use of ‘sanctuary’ to ‘Constitutional County.’

Jury still out on Sheriff, who spoke at the meeting.

SeanT
        Keymaster

:good:

I definitely like the word modification.

• This reply was modified 5 days ago by SeanT.
          Max
          Keymaster

Well, I was also at the 7pm meeting. Sheriff spoke at both. @billy

He won’t commit. He is a politician. He spoke both times about his absolute views on the 2A. but both times he repeated that he was not like other Sheriffs who have declared they will not enforce unconstitutional laws. It is not for him the decide what is unconstitutional. He says he will wait and see what is passed. Clearly worried about his job. He has said both times that he has the ability to swear in any number of auxiliary deputies, I guess in the hope that there is some sort of LEO exception. This, however, does not cut it. That is not the 2A. Also, it requires 8 hours of duty per month and a background check. Thus it is not a natural right as per the 2A, but indentured servitude for your 2A rights. What did I say about cops and their pensions?

We are trying to get in to see him. Not easy.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

He won’t commit. He is a politician.

Well it would be too easy if you had a super patriot sheriff? ;-)

Don’t give up!

One he maybe able to learn or at least react to how the majority of citizens feel, assuming you got a majority.

If not; or regardless, when is his next election?

Max
                Keymaster

We just voted him back in! He was better than the alternative.

Max
                Keymaster

“Every Sheriff and Commonwealth Attorney in Virginia will see the consequences if our General Assembly passes further unnecessary gun restrictions. “Red Flag” laws without due process will create enormous conflict as well.

America has more guns than citizens and murder has long been illegal. At best, the proposed gun restrictions will disarm or handicap our law-abiding in their defense and possibly cause a criminal to choose another tool for evil.

I’d like to thank our Board of Supervisors for their resolution of support of our citizen’s natural right to self defense as protected by our Constitutions. My office will always encourage and support our citizens in firearms training, concealed carry permits, and the ability to defend themselves and their families.

I remain very optimistic that our General Assembly will not pass the proposed bills. Obviously, if passed, there are many of us willing to challenge these laws through the courts. In addition, if necessary, I plan to properly screen and deputize thousands of our law-abiding citizens to protect their constitutional right to own firearms.”

-Sheriff Scott Jenkins

T
                  Participant

>https://www.bing.com/shop?q=sheriff+richard+mack&qs=n&form=SHOPSB&sp=-1&pq=sheriff+richard+mack&sc=0-20&sk=&cvid=E681D7D4546B48BC8FDB2A89FB913073

Have him read this, County Sheriff, America’s Last Hope

• This reply was modified 4 days, 5 hours ago by T.
                    SeanT
                    Keymaster

“Every Sheriff and Commonwealth Attorney in Virginia will see the consequences if our General Assembly passes further unnecessary gun restrictions. “Red Flag” laws without due process will create enormous conflict as well.

America has more guns than citizens and murder has long been illegal. At best, the proposed gun restrictions will disarm or handicap our law-abiding in their defense and possibly cause a criminal to choose another tool for evil.

I’d like to thank our Board of Supervisors for their resolution of support of our citizen’s natural right to self defense as protected by our Constitutions. My office will always encourage and support our citizens in firearms training, concealed carry permits, and the ability to defend themselves and their families.

I remain very optimistic that our General Assembly will not pass the proposed bills. Obviously, if passed, there are many of us willing to challenge these laws through the courts. In addition, if necessary, I plan to properly screen and deputize thousands of our law-abiding citizens to protect their constitutional right to own firearms.”

-Sheriff Scott Jenkins

Mission Statement from Frederick County Sheriff:

Mission Statement
                      It shall be the mission of the Frederick County Sheriff’s Office to provide fair, unbiased law enforcement services to the public while respecting the individual’s constitutional rights.

SeanT
                      Keymaster

… He has said both times that he has the ability to swear in any number of auxiliary deputies, I guess in the hope that there is some sort of LEO exception. This, however, does not cut it. That is not the 2A. Also, it requires 8 hours of duty per month and a background check.

I have been previously cleared and background checked by our former sheriff as part of the communications team. I will try to push that angle in Fredco to see if the new Sheriff is of similar thinking. Can’t hurt and give another data point.

ctpelok
                        Participant
                      Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.