Crye Closeout! HOT!

View Latest Activity

Viewing 52 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

I should not tell you this. The website is already crashed. I am trying to buy pants. Holy Shit!

http://www.cryeprecision.com/stuff-things/closeout

Incipient
        Participant

Yeah i’ve been trying to add a couple items to my cart for over an hour… :cry:

In an initial stage; beginning to happen or develop.

Max
          Keymaster

LOL Fuck YOU! It’s like tactical black Friday on the internet…! :yahoo:

Socks
            Participant

I cannot even bring the fucking website up. Been trying for an hour :wacko:

Max
              Keymaster

Yeah. Because YOU are the problem! Everyone, leave the site alone for a bit….so I can get my shit. :yes:

Brushpopper
                Participant

Hey guys, you should really head over to cryeprecision.com, they are having a hellava sale! You should see all the shit I just got ordered!
                  LMAO, just kidding, just kidding, put down the clubs and pitchforks…my web browser is spinning also! ;-)

Max
                  Keymaster

No Crye gear for you!

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Huh, earlier today it was no problem!

Was looking at the OD offerings since they don’t have Realtree Xtra. ;-)

Did notice the Nightcaps have come way down in price.

Max
                      Keymaster

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Anyone actually use these before? :unsure:

I don’t think I am cool enough to understand.

First Sergeant

Anyone actually use these before? :unsure:

I don’t think I am cool enough to understand.

The nightcaps?

FILO
                            Signal Out, Can You Identify
                            Je ne regrette rien
                            In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

The nightcaps?

Nah, we have some decent write ups on the Nightcap. The clearance they are talking about is this.

First Sergeant

Yeah, I know. I have been trying to checkout for 3 hours now.

It’s basically the same as their G3 stuff. Just cut for Army contracts.

FILO
                                Je ne regrette rien
                                In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

TC
                                Participant

Did notice the Nightcaps have come way down in price.

They’re doing a new pricing scheme for 2018, here’s their page on what’s down in price… everything else is increasing though.

Max
                                  Keymaster

Joe, Joe, Joe…are you immune to the call of Crye Combat Pants, in fire retardant?

And how did you get the damn page up? While you are at it, can you buy me two pairs in 36 regular (yes, I am a fat ass now)….

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

…in fire retardant?

LOL, I didn’t even know that!

The material something like Nomex or some sort of coating?

Max
                                      Keymaster

This is why I should have kept my mouth shut. I tell everyone, then I don’t get my shit. I look forward to seeing you wearing some Crye shit at the next class. That includes you Scott, posing on your new Crye pants….I gotta go to bed, its past my bedtime….not jealous much over here….

Brushpopper
                                        Participant

But pretty please, may I have one crye outfit? I have the knee pads, but no pants! :-(
                                          Ouch! 36 regular….goodness! lol just kidding! I’m not helping my case for getting some crye gear am I?

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Hey, I wear a 36 waist!

Of course without a belt I am a “gangbanger” wannabe. ;-)

Now regular length would make a good pair of shorts for me.

Brushpopper
                                            Participant

Hey, I wear a 36 waist!

Of course without a belt I am a “gangbanger” wannabe. ;-)
                                              Lol….I’m not far behind! I’m a 34 waist!

Now regular length would make a good pair of shorts for me.

JustARandomGuy
                                              Participant

Those inconsiderate bastards… how dare they have a sale when I can’t participate! Muh crye! :cry:

Max
                                                Keymaster

0500: all gone, site up. Bastards. Managed to get some FR field pants. Not what I wanted. The combat pants are $270 retail and those are not FR. The ones in this fire sale were military versions. Combat pants take the knee pads, the field pants take a less protective version.

No doubt it will all be on ebay now!

Any of you assholes strutting about at class in these combat pants, we are not on talking terms. :negative:

Socks
                                                  Participant

I woke up at 3am to check again and all I was able to get were the FR field pants. Better luck to us all next time?

Some dude on SSD was claiming he bought 40 pairs of pants though….

Brushpopper
                                                    Participant

I didn’t get nothing…… back of the line for me! :unsure:

ffhounddog
                                                      Participant

I still have my one set that I had not torn up overseas. the other set well did not work out so well after falling of off a building. I hate mortars…..

First Sergeant

I got half way through the checkout process and the site crashed.

When it came back up about 0100, my cart was empty and everything was sold out.

I sent Crye a pointed email about the fiasco.

FILO
                                                          Je ne regrette rien
                                                          In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Max
                                                          Keymaster

I am more bappy than you know to hear about your experiences….. :whistle:

idahocajun
                                                            Participant

Not sure if it was a fluke, but the closeout is back up…just got two sets of combat FR pants and shirts…

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Page is different layout than before, so it’s either a related to their crash or they had to regroup check inventory after initial sale.

I texted Max and First Sergeant, but I am not sure they want anything bad enough for a midnight phone call. ;-)

Max
                                                                Keymaster

Dammit! Bastards! Now i have 2 pairs of FR field pants, the field pant knee pads, and now FR combat pants all ordered separately. Would not have bought field pants if combat pants had been up. Spent way too much money and shipping. Emailed them to ask if they can combine the orders.

RobM
                                                                  Participant

This morning it looks as if though they updated their closeout section. Combat pants back up, along with various others. Mostly short and long but some regular too.

RobM
                                                                    Participant

Late to the party…perhaps I’ll read the thread next time before commenting. :wacko:

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Well hopefully everyone drooling over this closeout got another chance. ;-)

Joe (G.W.N.S.)
                                                                        Moderator

With my chosen 5.11 Realtree Xtra pants I could get 11 pairs for the regular price of combat pants, even steals price I can get 5 pairs. ;-)

Though I have considered retrofitting a few pairs to take the “AIRFLEX COMBAT KNEE PADS” those who have used them will have to let me know what they think of them in actual use.

• #107402
                                                                          Civilianresponder
                                                                          Participant

Real operators wear Crye! Redneck operators cry when they see the price and then roll with Realtree 5.11s!
                                                                            Team Realtree! B-)

• #107403
                                                                            Joe (G.W.N.S.)
                                                                            Moderator

LOL, looking good.

That headgear reminds me of this…

• #107404
                                                                              Civilianresponder
                                                                              Participant

Thats what I feel like when I’m wearing it……

• #107405
                                                                                Max
                                                                                Keymaster

Shemagh properly placed because “dick-shots-only.”

• #107406
                                                                                  Civilianresponder
                                                                                  Participant

Tactical Junk Protector!

• #107407
                                                                                    JohnnyMac
                                                                                    Participant

Interesting ROE hahaha

• #107408
                                                                                      Joe (G.W.N.S.)
                                                                                      Moderator

5.11 made a Tactical kilt in Realtree Xtra, now I have justification to buy it! ;-)

• #107409
                                                                                        Joe (G.W.N.S.)
                                                                                        Moderator

B-)

• #107410
                                                                                          RobM
                                                                                          Participant

Nice, I cold only imagine 12 guys running around the VTC in kilts. Sign me up! :good:

• #107411
                                                                                            Joe (G.W.N.S.)
                                                                                            Moderator

Velocity Training Center Highland Games: TacGun Edition!

Prove your worth and bring honor to your Clan.

• #107412
                                                                                              Mike Q
                                                                                              Participant

Crye has another sale up right now

• #107413
                                                                                                Incipient
                                                                                                Participant

Crye has another sale up right now

Yep. Just got a set of FR combat pants and FR combat shirt. Woo hooo!

@Max

In an initial stage; beginning to happen or develop.

• #107414
                                                                                                  First Sergeant
                                                                                                  Moderator

Page is different layout than before, so it’s either a related to their crash or they had to regroup check inventory after initial sale.

I texted Max and First Sergeant, but I am not sure they want anything bad enough for a midnight phone call. ;-)

Thanks for the text.

FILO
                                                                                                    Je ne regrette rien
                                                                                                    In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

• #107415
                                                                                                    Joe (G.W.N.S.)
                                                                                                    Moderator

Thanks for the text.

:good:

• #107416
                                                                                                      Anonymous
                                                                                                      Inactive

A Scottish buddy of mine during my Syria days mentioned he was interested in the tactical kilt before he went over but it was a bit too pricey for his budget. If I were more Scottish I’d actually consider it for shits and giggles. Would be interesting/funny to see someone in full kit wearing a kilt.

It’s actually kind of funny how we have this notion of what tactical clothes should look like, six pocket tactical pants, BDU shirts, and the like. We captured some of the long Afghan-style shirts made with ripstop fabric and shoulder pockets from ISIS in Tabqa and Raqqa and they were actually pretty damn good in the heat, don’t prejudge local combat clothes. My commander got a uniform custom made for himself in the traditional Kurdish style with the baggy pants, vest, and a modified shirt with shoulder pockets, the black camo he chose wasn’t my favorite but I really digged the style. (In the YPG and YPJ the baggy pants are usually only issued to those in the hospital recovering from injuries because they’re easier to move in and breathe better, otherwise they’re considered too close to the PKK uniform for comfort.)

…I know there are Realtree BDUs out there, if that Realtree shirt is BDU style, you gonna raid mod it?

• #107417
                                                                                                        Joe (G.W.N.S.)
                                                                                                        Moderator

…if that Realtree shirt is BDU style, you gonna raid mod it?

The 5.11 Taclite Pro shirts/pants are not BDU style. The shirts have a kinda dress shirt bottom, if I wanted to wear them untucked I would hem bottom of shirt horizontally.

The only mod I plan on trying is rare earth magnets with Velcro adapters to change current pocket Velcro opening to magnet opening.

Something First Sergeant brought up awhile back. You can buy them for ACU style those may work for 5.11, but I can make custom fit cheaper.

• #107418
                                                                                                          First Sergeant
                                                                                                          Moderator

Though I have considered retrofitting a few pairs to take the “AIRFLEX COMBAT KNEE PADS” those who have used them will have to let me know what they think of them in actual use.

I like the knee pads. They are a hell of a lot better than strapping pads to you.

Your legs can actually breath.

I wish i had them years ago in Afghanistan, would have prevented heat rash on the knees.

FILO
                                                                                                            Je ne regrette rien
                                                                                                            In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

• #107419
                                                                                                            Joe (G.W.N.S.)
                                                                                                            Moderator

I wish i had them years ago in Afghanistan…

:good:

• #107420
                                                                                                              Keeper
                                                                                                              Participant

Crye has stuff still on sale, for the vertical challenged folks
                                                                                                                nothing for us tall folks

Viewing 52 reply threads
                                                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.