CQB: Methods of Entry: Diminishing Sectors

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactics & Leadership CQB and Urban Operations CQB: Methods of Entry: Diminishing Sectors

• This topic has 5 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by lucky_luke. This post has been viewed 235 times
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

This is a segment from the Max Velocity Tactical CQBC (Close Quarter Battle Course). The three day class covers Tactical Clearance methods. This specific period of instruction concerns the number one man entering an open doorway via the Diminishing Sectors method of entry.

The CQBC class is a three day event, day 1 on the flat range conducting individual skills and entry drills, using live fire and frangible ammunition. The latter two days are force on target and force on force at the CQB complex.

This series of instructional videos illustrate tactical concepts described in the Tactical Manual: Small Unit Tactics (link below) available on Amazon or via any reputable book retailer.

MVT Tactical Manual: https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Manual-Small-Unit-Tactics/dp/1536876003

MVT Home: https://maxvelocitytactical.com/

Max Velocity Tactical (MVT) has established a reputation on the leading edge of tactical live fire and force on force training. At MVT we are dedicated to developing and training tactical excellence at the individual and team level.

Max Velocity Tactical operates the Velocity Training Center (VTC) tactical and leadership training facility near to Romney, West Virginia, where we provide training for US Special Operations Forces and Responsible Citizens.

Max Velocity Tactical classes utilize professional quality combat marksmanship, tactical and leadership training, in order to develop situational awareness, teamwork, leadership, decision making and communication.

Andrew
        Participant

Great video. I learned something on the second entry. Hope people pay attention to this, it will be on the test.

Civilianresponder
          Participant

Max, will we be doing some of this again in Texas next year? The CQB in the House of Woe was awesome.

Pinky
            Participant

Max – this was a great refresher. thanks for putting it up.

RobRoy
              Participant

Great video, I even tweeted it out to my few dozen “followers.”

lucky_luke
                Participant

As always, great information and presentation Max. From everything I’ve seen you are one of the most competent and knowledgable instructors ive come across.

Question, Is there a difference in cqb tactics when you are the defender as opposed to the attacker? I always took it for granted that both sides equally trained would be doing the same thing and it would come down to who was better and/or had the advantage?

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.