Build a Bat House

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Self-Reliance & Preparedness Build a Bat House

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Found this link over at the SurvivalBlog.

I have had Bat Houses at all my locations for many years now, with renewed interest here in Florida due to this Zika threat. It’s a cheap measure to help reduce mosquito population near your home.

Build a Bat House

aikidoka
        Participant

Thank you. It reminded me of watching the bats go in and out from behind the shutters on the lodge at the Texas class.

zeerf
          Participant

This seems like a great idea, thanks for posting.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I usually make mine out of pallets I acquire and recycle.

So for the price of a little hardware these make for a cheap addition to your bug control program.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Yearly bump.

Virgil Kane
                Participant

I put up a bat house, but didn’t get any interest in it. I like watching bats at dusk, but around here Martins are the chosen mosquito eater. The only problem is that I did some research and found a study that stated that mosquitoes made up less than 3% of their diet. They’re still cool to watch. They come out when I bushhog a field and eat some of the bugs that down my shirt.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Something a little different in my bumps, great project for the children in your lives. Not to mention a practical addition to your property.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.