Art of the Mag Flip or So you want to be an operator??

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Lounge Art of the Mag Flip or So you want to be an operator??

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Max
      Keymaster

Max
        Keymaster

LMAO! Is that part of the new Combat Rifle course at MVT? ;-)

JohnyMac
          Participant

OMG! I just lost a mouthful of coffee all over my laptop screen! LMFAO!!

CRMF – Combat Rifle Mag Flip

D Close

They put some time and effort into that. Funniest thing I’ve seen in a while.

Corvette
              Participant

The roll/cant is not for boomerang killing. Yes you’ll learn this at CRM but you’ll also learn why this exists. It’s not the purpose but a byproduct of proven technique.

It still looks cool but that’s not the point right?

Eric
                Participant

It only looks cool if you plan on leaving behind all your magazines.

All the rifles I have, besides the carbon fiber one, just drop free if I hit the release. the carbon rifle will drop the mag with a little bounce.

JeffSags
                  Participant

I thought rule no.1 was “Always look cool.”

Eric
                    Participant

If you do it right…

you can look cool dropping your mag, and fumbling the reload. you just have to ear the right sunglasses. B-)

Corvette
                      Participant

Remember guys it’s the 95% solution. One gun and magazine is not 95%. This is taught for good reason. Remember too during emergency reloads magazines are dropped regardless and if time and situation allows retained after. I will not impart training that might get you killed. An empty mag is not worth your life.

Max
                        Keymaster

I know the video is a parody, and is indeed funny. That said, I’ve spent a fair amount of time on the range with and learning/practicing this technique, from Chris Costa himself back in 2008/2009 (before it became widely known/popular), and for a while it was my default method. I still consider Chris a friend and good instructor, but I personally no longer use this technique, for a number of reasons.

Corvette
                          Participant

Again. This is NOT a technique. It’s satire. If you guys would like to discus proper reloads we can do that. Though I feel like that’s beating a dead horse.

Max
                            Keymaster

I love this video. I immediately sent this training video out to my group so they too could learn these types of magical, mall ninja, operator moves.

Jokes aside, I’ve never heard of this before. Is reloading a mag that hard that we need super-speed moves? I always drop the mag, pound in a new one and resume hammering. Is that complicated?

Max
                              Keymaster

What this video points out is a screaming need for aftermarket AR mag baseplates with spikes or razorblades. Or maybe a bayonet lug. There’s a fortune to be made for some astute entrepreneur.

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.