Anyone in Southern Idaho
August 9, 2014 at 5:09 pm #82084GladiusParticipant
Looking for possible training contacts near the Treasure Valley in Idaho
March 17, 2019 at 7:18 pm #82085MTJackParticipant
I am local if you are still interested.
March 17, 2019 at 7:28 pm #82086
Also in the TV, always looking to make contacts and expand.
April 13, 2019 at 12:26 pm #82087fightingpilotParticipant
I too am in the TV, interested in meeting and training.
June 11, 2019 at 9:57 pm #82088idaho17Participant
I am interested in training in Southern Idaho. Would like some contacts.
June 13, 2019 at 12:26 am #82089
Sorry for the delay, I’ve been offline and off the forum for a bit. I’m in the Boise area, would love to cuss/discuss more. PM me and let’s set up something over coffee.
July 5, 2019 at 10:14 pm #82090RobertParticipant
Hey guys, not from Idaho (yet) but considering a move there in the next 10 year range. Any info you can tell me about south eastern Idaho would be helpful. Specifically interested in the Lava Hot Spring/Soda Springs/Montpelier area.
Will Idaho be tenable as a conservative Pro 2A state in 10 years or are the californicate liberals overrunning the state?
Early stages of planning right now, but we are adding a side trip to that area on our next business trip out west next month.
Also, I know Max goes to ID a couple times a year, approximately what area is the training in?
July 5, 2019 at 11:38 pm #82091
I have no connection to that part of Idaho, but some of the boys from east Idaho were at CLC in October. I can hook you up with contacts if interested, they’d be a likely good source of information. Hope all is well man!
July 6, 2019 at 9:28 am #82092RobertParticipant
The other two guys from Idaho? Yeah I’ve talked with the one a time or two, good folks!
July 6, 2019 at 12:59 pm #82093fightingpilotParticipant
Will Idaho still be a liberty loving and conservative state in 10 years? I hope so. We moved to SW Idaho from NE California last year, after almost 10 years of researching and working to make it happen. Conservative, homeschooling, gun clinging, liberty loving Christians.There are thousands of people moving to Idaho right now, many from California. Lots of concern over Idaho being liberalized by these Californians, but here’s what I’ve observed in the last year in SW Idaho:
1. Local churches are exploding with growth, as a huge number of these refugees are Christians.
2. While there are some extreme liberals moving here (downtown Boise is pretty liberal after all), the majority of people coming are more right wing conservative than the natives, which I would generalize as more moderate conservative.
3. Many families moving here are multigenerational. We moved three households in our family last year, all conservative. This year we have several old friends moving here, all conservative. Lots of people moving here are homeschoolers too. Those from NorCal tend to be far more pro-gun than SoCal.
4. Idaho will likely be liberalized not by the refugees moving here, many of whom have fought and lost and had to make costly decisions to leave good jobs and family for the sake of freedom, but rather I expect it to come from the generation going through the colleges and universities here, often socialist and liberal like it has elsewhere.
Disclaimer: lots of wealthy Californians have moved to Boise, Eagle, Star, and Sun Valley. I can’t speak for those places. Most of the people I’ve run into have been priced out of those places, even though they are ‘wealthy Californians messing up the place.’
I get a lot of resentment when it comes out I moved from CA, but I usually head it off by telling them why I moved. Usually ends with a ‘glad to have you, hope more people come like you.’
Things are changing, but my kids have a future here. They didn’t in California.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.