African power armor

View Latest Activity

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Corvette
      Participant

Must watch the video. I can’t find the right words.

https://www.rt.com/news/448398-ghana-armored-car-military/

“…military exoskeleton suits have been unveiled in Ghana during a technological fair, highlighting the homegrown high-tech achievements of the country.”

Hessian
        Participant

new equipment to protect the entrance to Wakanda? :unsure:

Anonymous
          Inactive

I’d expect this out of one of the shithole dictatorships, but Ghana? Come on, ya’ll can do better than this. ;-)

All joking aside, it doesn’t seem like something actually developed by the Ghanaian military itself, probably some local guy trying to make a name for himself.

Virgil Kane
            Participant

Africa is finally providing the world with much needed technological research and advances.

Somali Tanks

African airplane inventors

Roadkill
              Participant

At least they have rod holders on the back for when you need to stop and do some fishing.
                I think they must have just started watching Star Wars.

DuaneH
                Participant

Africa is finally providing the world with much needed technological research and advances.

Somali Tanks

African airplane inventors

Welding with sunglasses and open toed shoes.

We definitely need open borders.

winston
                  Participant

Pretty sure the axels on that thing are about to break even at that spead. First bump with a full load and… :negative:

Abacus
                    Participant

I liked the initiative of the aircraft builders. That is what aviation looked like prior to 1903 everywhere after all. Before the Wright Brothers it was all crazy contraptions and comical failures. It’s not like their first bird was all that sophisticated either, it’s mostly just wood and cloth.

wheelsee
                      Participant

Seems to be a take-off of https://www.amazon.com/Kotobukiya-Jango-Attack-Clones-Statue/dp/B00BKND152?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-ffab-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00BKND152

The vehicle itself – the ports along the side remind of the Spanish Galleons but these seem to be a weak point – i.e. sliding the cover open and dropping an incendiary or Molotov cocktail down…..

Virgil Kane
                        Participant

I liked the initiative of the aircraft builders. That is what aviation looked like prior to 1903 everywhere after all. Before the Wright Brothers it was all crazy contraptions and comical failures. It’s not like their first bird was all that sophisticated either, it’s mostly just wood and cloth.

That’s 115 years of experience to draw from. Haven’t we been developing countries and putting computers in classrooms for 30 years?

I wonder if they can successfully make a paper airplane.

Anonymous
                          Inactive

Folks in those countries are generally poor as hell and the education systems aren’t top notch either, so it’s not unsurprising that you’ll find stuff like this online. Most folks in the US with a similar education level wouldn’t even attempt anything as crazy so it’s not fair to shit on them too hard.

In YPG we had a fair number of uparmored trucks and tractors.

https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-kurdish-homemade-tanks-may-look-funny-but-theyre-no-1640442470

I’m pretty certain I saw the first “panzer” (their term) in that article in Raqqa in the rear. Most of them were used by heavy weapons units in a support role to move guys around. By the time I got there the Americans had given us enough Humvees and IAG Guardians that the homemade stuff got relegated to a secondary role.

There are folks over there who are successfully building stuff on their own through the same scrap heaps.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8257153.stm

JohnnyMac
                            Participant

Folks in those countries are generally poor as hell and the education systems aren’t top notch either, so it’s not unsurprising that you’ll find stuff like this online. Most folks in the US with a similar education level wouldn’t even attempt anything as crazy so it’s not fair to shit on them too hard.

Thank you. I agree

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

There are folks over there who are successfully building stuff on their own through the same scrap heaps.

No doubt and much with a high level of sophistication given the conditions, but in this case I see more propaganda than function.

The key to survival improvisation is seeing what can be, vice what is! ;-)

Mayorphill
                                Participant

Must watch the video. I can’t find the right words.

Low IQ

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.