6920 questions

View Latest Activity

Home Forums The Armory – Gear and Equipment Weapons 6920 questions

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      Robert Henry
      Participant

Considering this-

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-OEM-AR15-M4-556mm-Rifle-No-Furniture-p/le6920-oem2.htm

Any better deals out there on this particular model?

Got a Magpul stock already which I assume will fit.

Looking for a handguard that comes already with rails on sides and top, don’t want to have to add six hundred Legos to the deal if I don’t have to.

www.jrhenterprises.com

Lost my MVT class list- been here a time or two :)
        Team Coyote. Rifleman Challenge- Vanguard

riflemaniv
        Participant

Check out this: Rail

They are salty but they clamp to a standard barrel nut. They come in several lengths so you wouldn’t necessarily need the carbine length. A friend of mine has had one for years and really likes it. Not the latest/greatest option but worth a look.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by riflemaniv.
          First Sergeant

Considering this-

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-OEM-AR15-M4-556mm-Rifle-No-Furniture-p/le6920-oem2.htm

Any better deals out there on this particular model?

Got a Magpul stock already which I assume will fit.

Looking for a handguard that comes already with rails on sides and top, don’t want to have to add six hundred Legos to the deal if I don’t have to.

You could have called me.

I hope you pulled the trigger on this.

FILO
            Signal Out, Can You Identify
            Je ne regrette rien
            In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Robert Henry
            Participant

I thought you had another class up north and didn’t want to pester you, my bad.

No haven’t done it yet, have to find an FFL in this area to accept it.

www.jrhenterprises.com

wheelsee
              Participant

Picked one up. Suggestions for buttstock and forend stock??

TC
                Participant

I posted a reply but may have been flagged as spam. Basically, with a lo-pro gas block you get to use a longer handguard, but longer quad-rails can get unnecessarily heavy and expensive due to all that extra material, so an m-lok rail will be cheaper, lighter, and slimmer all around. Also more future-proof. Example: https://algdefense.com/ergonomic-modular-rail-emr-v3x-m-lok.html for which you don’t even need a torque wrench, just their $5 wrench. Something in the 9″-15″ range like that would work nicely on that Colt OEM 2. For a drop-in quad-rail that uses the mil spec barrel nut, the Centurion C4 riflemaniv posted is pretty popular except the 9″ version of that will be more flexible with accessories. For stocks I like the Magpul SL, SL-K, and SLS.

First Sergeant

The great thing about the OEM2 is it comes with the Delta ring already removed. You can put any free float rail on it you want. I went with Midwest Industries quad rail. Personally I don’t’ think it adds that much weight. I think it dissipates heat a little better.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/product-p/mctar-22g2-blk.htm

You have to figure out what you are going to mount. Definitely an IR laser and a WML. How are you going to mount them? Once you figure that out then you can decide which rail to go with.

It installs with hex nuts. You just need a torque wrench.

The one I have I got from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Wheeler-710909-Digital-Firearms-Accurizing/dp/B01B3NW5TG/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_200_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Y4X3YA2KDC0Z46B4YQ5J

It is something you should have on your work bench anyway if you try to work on your own firearms.

FILO
                    Je ne regrette rien
                    In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Suggestions for buttstock and forend stock??

Rail suggestions are as noted, what do you want to have on it.

I always liked the smaller footprint of the original CAR-15 adjustable buttstock.

With that in mind I like Magpul’s modern interpretation the MOE SL-K™ Carbine Stock.

Also you can’t beat the price! $37.95 at Midway USA.

SeanT
                      Keymaster

These at Scott’s link are already gone.

Robert Henry
                        Participant

What about this

https://www.primaryarms.com/bcm-16in-556-nato-mod0-optic-ready-ar-15-650-111

Bravo Company Manufacturing 16″ 5.56 NATO 1:7 M4 Carbine MOD 0 Rifle

Daniel Defense?

Last high dollar AR I bought unfortunately was messing up bad after about 1,500 rounds, prefer to avoid that mistake again.

www.jrhenterprises.com

Max
                          Keymaster

So I take it what is going on here is we are searching for the last Colt 6920 OEM2 still out there on the market? What a fucking tragic day with colt stopping selling. I’ve missed the boat on all this and I’m stuck with my only OEM2.

So, going forward, what is the best alternative?

SeanT
                            Keymaster

What about this

https://www.primaryarms.com/bcm-16in-556-nato-mod0-optic-ready-ar-15-650-111

Bravo Company Manufacturing 16″ 5.56 NATO 1:7 M4 Carbine MOD 0 Rifle

Last high dollar AR I bought unfortunately was messing up bad after about 1,500 rounds, prefer to avoid that mistake again.

Comes out to 960.xx shipped from primary

SeanT
                              Keymaster

So I take it what is going on here is we are searching for the last Colt 6920 OEM2 still out there on the market? What a fucking tragic day with colt stopping selling. I’ve missed the boat on all this and I’m stuck with my only OEM2.

So, going forward, what is the best alternative?

I hunted around the Interwebz last night and they seem to be unobtanium.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

So I take it what is going on here is we are searching for the last Colt 6920 OEM2 still out there on the market?

I’ll let First Sergeant address alternatives, but there will still be some that will show up online in the near future.

If you find one online you need to jump on it immediately!

There may even be some quality used ones that come avaliable, particularly from the people that take Colt’s position as an attack on civilian ownership.

Stig
                                  Participant

Back in stock.
                                    My purchase a couple weeks ago went very well.

RobM
                                    Participant

I’m a Daniel Defense guy. I’ve ran my V11 during Heat 1 and 2 and have never had a single issue. I also own a BCM recce 16 that I am very pleased with. Can’t go wrong with either in my opinion.

SeanT
                                      Keymaster

Back in stock.
                                        My purchase a couple weeks ago went very well.

1518 EDT
                                        Colt LE6920 OEM Rifle – No Furniture

Price: $795.00

Stock Status:(Out of Stock)

First Sergeant

The closest at a comparable price would Bravo Company.

As Joe said these will continue to show up around the net. When they do you need to jump on it.

FILO
                                          Je ne regrette rien
                                          In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Robert Henry
                                          Participant

I made out great!

Picked up a Delton AR for $389. one thousand rounds of steel case Wolf for $180. and I found 10 used GI 30 round magazines laying near a dumpster in Hinesville this weekend! I saved a ton of cash and I figure I’ll save some more bucks by not buying a cleaning kit or spare parts!

I just know if I have problems with it on the lanes that 1st Sargent and Max will lovingly and patiently help me through them! :good:

LMAO!! Couldn’t resist!! :yahoo:

Got a BCM Mod 0 while they were on sale this weekend :good:

www.jrhenterprises.com

First Sergeant

You jackass.

Shall we talk about how you were gonna be smooth on one of the drills at DCH and how it turned out? B-)

FILO
                                                Je ne regrette rien
                                                In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

farmer
                                                  Participant

How about each of you tell your own versions, and we will tell which story is more beleivable. B-) :yahoo: :yahoo:

First Sergeant

There is only one version.

FILO
                                                      Je ne regrette rien
                                                      In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

SeanT
                                                  Keymaster

Crap Robert
                                                    I was thinking of the fireworks as I read your first words!!! Thanks for making me laugh today.

Robert Henry
                                                    Participant

You jackass.

Shall we talk about how you were gonna be smooth on one of the drills at DCH and how it turned out? B-)

LMAO! Now that crap was funny as hell!!

So somehow I shot my damn pistol dry during the last drill and didn’t reload it, holstered it with no mag in. IDK WTF I must have been doing at that point???

First Sgt. has us doing this drill wherein we have stuff in our hands during the start of the drill. It was hot, I was lazy and I had a full gatorade. So I thought screw it, I’ll keep drinking with one hand and shoot with the other (I was shooting lefty). So he yells “Threat”, I’m chugging gatorade with my right, draw my pistol with my left and

CLICK

And of course, he’s standing RIGHT THERE behind me laughing his ass off about it!!!

It was pretty damn funny.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Robert Henry. Reason: spelling, etc

www.jrhenterprises.com

wheelsee
                                                        Participant

Lest anyone think it was happenstance that First Sergeant was behind Robert, I’m betting he SAW what Robert had done initially.

For those who’ve NOT been to DCH, First Sergeant’s class is one not to miss. His attention to detail, as noted above, is just part of what makes this class.

Robert Henry
                                                        Participant

He had just said “Robert you better put a cap on that” (gatorade bottle). So I think he was looking for some tomfoolery…. LOL

www.jrhenterprises.com

DiznNC
                                                          Participant

That is pretty funny shit. Hell you shoulda at least thrown the Gatorade at the target. Then did one of those Sonny Pulsikas(SP?) reloads where you aim in at the target, making him think you’re about to fire, while you re-load. That’ll teach ’em. Or just drop and give the 1st Sgt twenty.

Robert Henry
                                                            Participant

That is pretty funny shit. Hell you shoulda at least thrown the Gatorade at the target. Then did one of those Sonny Pulsikas(SP?) reloads where you aim in at the target, making him think you’re about to fire, while you re-load. That’ll teach ’em. Or just drop and give the 1st Sgt twenty.

There was a part 2 to this, wherein I racked the pistol against my holster with the left hand and realized the mag wasn’t in there also… LMAO. I think I set my pistol down to go and do something or some damn thing- trying to be safe- and didn’t think to check it before jumping into the drill. Oh yeah, I was getting the stupid gatorade!!!

www.jrhenterprises.com

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.