25 Days of Fitmas

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Tactical Fitness & Nutrition Tactical Fitness 25 Days of Fitmas

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      JohnnyMac
      Participant

Similar to 25 Days of Christmas, I’m proposing we do a “25 Days of Fitmas”.

The idea would be, starting December 1st, 25 workouts are posted. Post your results as you complete them in order provided, in your own time, on/before Christmas.

The workouts themselves would have minimal equipment (same as forum fitness challenges). They would vary in difficulty, some being easy enough that you can knock out more than one in a day, some a kick in the balls.

Many people let themselves go over the holidays. We could do epic shit.

If I get 8 or more people to sign up, so that I’m not wasting my time, I’ll put the workouts together.

tango
        Participant

You absolute mad man.

Count me in.

Max
          Keymaster

5 more hoodies to make minimum. 10 hours till it closes.

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I’ll give it a go if it’s not too insane! ;-)

wheelsee
              Participant

I’m in…..include stairs?? (17-story Hospital) :whistle:

idahocajun
                Participant

What the hell, I’m in!

Virgil Kane
                  Participant

I’m in.

Pewtin
                    Participant

I’m in.

Team Rekkr

TyeMugz
                      Participant

I’m in.

JohnnyMac
                        Participant

Alright, it’s a GO!

xsquidgator
                          Participant

Why not, I’ll give it a go.

glocktavius
                            Participant

I’m interested as well. Current routine has become a bit stagnant.

Corvette
                              Participant

I am in! You know Nikita thinks the world of you, JohnnyMac, but she recently injured her shoulder in a pull-up competition with a likely future daughter-in-law on Thanksgiving, so she isn’t able to commit. Will I need any special equipment? I did a couple hour-long runs this weekend, and I finished a cord of wood tonight. Feeling good for an old guy.

JohnnyMac
                                Participant

she recently injured her shoulder

I hope it’s not too serious.

Will I need any special equipment

I’m keeping it low on equipment requirements, and stuff can be improvised but:

-something to do pullups from (can be improvised with exposed beams, low tree branch, etc) Also, for anyone planning to participate, but hasn’t gotten pullups down don’t worry, there are substitutes like simpler pulls or bent over rows.

-sandbag (can be improvised with a big bag of grain, a sturdy laundry bag filled with stuff, etc)

-backpack/rucksack

-2 things to carry with handles (KBs, dumbbells, buckets, jerry cans, ammo cans, etc)

Brushpopper
                                  Participant

I’m interested!! :good: B-)

Virgil Kane
                                    Participant

What’s the plan?

farmer
                                      Participant

I believe JohnnyMac is at CQBC this weekend. Quality Control check before posting.

JohnnyMac
                                        Participant

I apologise, I was at CQBC and without internet. Will post tomorrow

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank JohnnyMac for the time and effort it took to do this for us here at the MVT Forum.

I admit that I have to make up a few of the days because of “life happens” situations during this busy time.

I plan on using these workouts as a way to change up my routines in the future.

This may end up being the first time in many years I didn’t gain weight during Christmas season. My awareness was heightened and I skipped many high calorie foods. In the past I would have eaten now, worried latter!

Again thank you for helping increase our commitment to physical readiness!

:good:

wheelsee
                                            Participant

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank JohnnyMac for the time and effort it took to do this for us here at the MVT Forum.

I admit that I have to make up a few of the days because of “life happens” situations during this busy time.

I plan on using these workouts as a way to change up my routines in the future.

This may end up being the first time in many years I didn’t gain weight during Christmas season. My awareness was heightened and I skipped many high calorie foods. In the past I would have eaten now, worried latter!

Again thank you for helping increase our commitment to physical readiness!

:good:

Agreed! It’s too easy to get into a routine, then the body acclimates (think of a bricklayer, or anyone working in a job handling heavy material, you don’t just keep getting bigger….)

My plan is to take each work-out and randomly pick one for that day. Great job JM for giving us a “out-of-the-box” ideas!!

idahocajun
                                              Participant

Echoing the above sentiments, this was awesome!!! @johnnymac I’ve completely changed the way I approach working out. My ankle, back and knee feel amazing!!! Also having a daily workout post gave me the little push I needed to get as many workouts in as I did. Thanks again man!!! And to all those that participated, keep it up!!!

JohnnyMac
                                                Participant

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, I’m glad you saw value in it and that it left you guys better off for having done it.

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.