2 Green Berets captured in Venezuela

View Latest Activity

Home Forums Current Affairs & Topical News Pieces 2 Green Berets captured in Venezuela

• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by gatlinggun. This post has been viewed 426 times
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      wheelsee
      Participant

I’m still digesting this but appears to be how not to do an operation??

Venezuela claims it captured 2 former US Green Berets from failed Maduro plot

Podcast with John McPhee

AntMan
        Participant

Oh boy. If there was ever a story that called for the fail whale…

2xcqbc
          1xclc

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

If a tenth of the information available is true then it’s a episode of “The Three Stooges to to War!”

First Sergeant

There is a whole lot of WTF with this.

FILO
              Signal Out, Can You Identify
              Je ne regrette rien
              In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Anonymous
              Inactive

Yeah the more I hear about this fiasco the more I wonder if they were enjoying more than the pretty women and tropical landscape of Colombia while planning this. 🤧

First Sergeant

https://connectingvets.radio.com/articles/ex-green-berets-bungle-coup-attempt-in-venezuela

FILO
                  Signal Out, Can You Identify
                  Je ne regrette rien
                  In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

JohnnyMac
                  Participant

Yeah the more I hear about this fiasco the more I wonder if they were enjoying more than the pretty women and tropical landscape of Colombia while planning this. 🤧

I would not be surprised at all

Max
                    Keymaster

Well, I’ll take a different view. It’s just sad. Clearly the days of Wild Geese are well and truly over. If this was the 1960’s it may well have been awesome. Dammit.

Robert Henry
                      Participant

Well, I’ll take a different view. It’s just sad. Clearly the days of Wild Geese are well and truly over. If this was the 1960’s it may well have been awesome. Dammit.

Clearly Rayford Janders was NOT their planner.

www.jrhenterprises.com

Lost my MVT class list- been here a time or two :)
                        Team Coyote. Rifleman Challenge- Vanguard

Joe (G.W.N.S.)

Clearly the days of Wild Geese are well and truly over. If this was the 1960’s it may well have been awesome.

My first thought when I heard of this was the discussion on potential vacuums in search of Freedom.

I had brought up Venezuela as a possibility, the idea of private enterprise liberating such a country is not my issue.

Just this group seemed poorly prepared for the reality of such an endeavor.

Wheelsee’s linked podcast; while a simplistic overview, made one excellent point. No Veteran of solely the GWOT has the expertise needed to run such an operation.

Totally different skill set required. Certainly their skills would have use, but not as much as most would think.

Few people; if any, like Mad Mike Hoare exist in today’s neutered world!

gatlinggun
                          Participant

The only guys that could have pulled this off successfully were the men of Executive Outcomes.

Sadly EO has long been history no thanks in part to Mr. Clinton.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.