Culpeper Volunteers is a pro-bono training drive by Max Velocity Tactical. It is aimed primarily at residents of Culpeper County, Virginia. The purpose is to promote self-defense capability within the the County.
Culpeper Volunteers started as a Facebook Group, which will continue to be used, but events posted within the MVT training calendar will become the primary organizer.
The priority of these classes will be a number of single-day introductory training events focusing on carbine (AR15) self-defense skills. As time goes on, additional classes may be organized.
Max lives in Culpeper County, Virginia. The Max Velocity Tactical training facility (Velocity Training Center – VTC) is located two hours away in Romney, WV. For those interested in classes at that location, please refer to the classes under the ‘Classes’ tab in the website menu. Culpeper Volunteers training events will be held at private ranges in Culpeper County.
Class dates will be published on the MVT Training Calendar, and announced on the Culpeper Volunteers FB page. If you are interested in attending:
- Ensure you have the equipment listed below.
- Preference is for Culpeper County Residents. If you are from nearby, you may get a space available.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your training request and place of residence.
Equipment for a basic range day:
- AR15 (5.56) rifle (AR platform only).
- (Ensure your rifle is well lubed, bring lube and if in doubt we will take care of it for you).
- 300 (approx) 5.56 rounds.
- 6 x 30 round magazines.
- Load bearing equipment i.e. chest rig or belt pouches to carry at least 2 magazines.
- Eye protection
- Ear protection – preferably electronic, such as Howard Leight.
- Lunch / snacks / water / hydration.
- Appropriate clothing for the weather.
- You will be expected to take kneeling and standing positions.
The day will be an introduction to safety, weapon manipulation, stoppage / malfunction clearance, shooting positions, and progression will depend on the base standard of those attending.