Judging by a comment I saw on the Forum, the word has not been sufficiently spread about updates to the MVT Rifleman Challenge.
Please go check out the page and give it a read. The first event is shaping up to be a small inaugural event. I know many are waiting for reviews and trying to get fitter. There are spaces available if you want to give it a go.
Highlighting some key points:
1) This is a training event, which includes some testing to the MVT Rifleman Standards. It’s a great challenge and will be a ton of fun, very rewarding.
2) Some of the training, such as CQB, is not done on any other MVT Classes.
3) You will not be thrown in at the deep end. There is instruction/training and rehearsals.
4) Times and patch awards have been updated. There is no longer a ‘Rifleman Reserve’ patch. You either get patched ‘Rifleman’ or you do exceptionally well and also achieve the ‘Vanguard’ standard.
5) You can retake one of the events at the challenge to meet the standard.
6) If you do not achieve the Rifleman standard at the Challenge, you have the option of returning FREE for another challenge weekend.
Holding out for the Fall dates? Why not show up in March and give it a go? It will give you a heads up, you will likely pass, and if you don’t, you can do it in the Fall for free.
The aim of the MVT Rifleman Challenge is to raise standards and get people going. I have one young lady, ‘Facebook’ (Alumni) showing up. That impresses me.