VIDEO: Tactical Advance to Battle (TAB) Instruction + Gear

MVT Rifleman Challenge Patches are in!
December 17, 2014
Schoolhouse Winter Warmth Improvements
December 22, 2014

This is a video that Hunter and I made last weekend during the Combat Team Tactics (CTT) Class:

This is the type of training you should be doing for the MVT Rifleman Challenge, among other things.

We have just brought out Tactical Fitness Training Plans, which include tabbing as a part of the tactical fitness training.

When I am tabbing out in public, this is the kind of gear I will wear. This photo was taken at the Manasass Battlefield:

Max-Tabbing_Battlefield_1

British Army MTP Bergen, short back version, with ‘militaryops.co.uk’ after-market side pouches, including magazine pouches.

Hill People Gear Runner’s Kit Bag. Coyote brown, on chest. Carrying Glock 26, 2 spare magazines, phone, concealed carry permit.

Garmin 910XT GPS watch for time, distance and pace.

Manassas Battlefield, 5.4 miles, 40 lb. 11:30 min/mile pace.

1. gettin it says:

good job max. keep it up. who knows, perhaps in a few years your actions may help a whole lot of people who care be in shape and on point, not just physically but the mind as well. progression.

legitimate training and thinking consortium from mvt, mason dixon, s12, and mosby among a few others.

2. EGS says:

I hadn’t carried a rifle long distances since basic. I started carrying a weighted bar to simulate carrying a rifle. Any concerns with doing this from a fitness stand point? I’ve been incorporating it slowly in that I don’t run with it for every run out of concern for my rotators in my shoulders.

3. Leatherneck556 says:

Great summary, Max. But didn’t you know that vertical videos are a sin?

4. Boone says:

Max,

As usual, I appreciate the way you so quickly, but accurately describe the various aspects of the training. Also, having done a ruck with you..and one of your training classes, it’s obvious to me that you practice what you preach, i.e., you are fit! Can’t wait till the next class I can make. Also looking forward to the next training TAB.

5. Daniel says:

Very useful to see you demonstrate.

Thank you.

6. IB LARD'ASS says:

Thank You, Very educational, Very useful.

You do talk funny.

7. Greg says:

This reminds me of barefoot running technique. What
    helps me is to start by dropping down 1-2 inches in a
    very slight squat. Keep your weight under you and your
    stride short and quick. I reduce my brisk walk 15 minute
    mile to 12 minute mile while moving low impact ( one
    foot on the ground at all times).

8. SP says:

Been a while since I’v viewed the boards. Good to see all is well.

Surprised in you Max, I always thought you’d sound a bit…..posher…being an ex offy and all that!

SP

9. SP says:

Forgot to add: Yours is the sort of video that the vast majority of American gun and tactical trainers will not even contemplate doing as their too fecking lazy. I simply cannot find any other you posters emphasising the importance of PT.

10. […] Tactical Advance to Battle (TAB) Instruction + Gear […]

11. AJ says:

Went on a 4 miler sunday afternoon. 40 lb ruck. I am 43, 5’10” 210 lbs. 12 min miles were not hard at all for that distance. To get under 10 minutes would require losing my gut, but definitely doable. If I cut it down to 2 miles, then III Rifleman is possible. Great training idea. Watch out for over training with weight like that. My already bad knees (from Marine Corps days) were screaming that night.