MVT Rifleman Challenge

Suggestions Wanted: Trained Rifleman Terminology
November 6, 2014
Training Guidance: ‘The 2-Miler’
November 12, 2014

MVT RIFLEMAN CHALLENGE

(Details may be subject to change):

Outline: MVT will offer ‘MVT Rifleman Challenge‘ weekends where a series of light infantry skills will be tested. Successful completion of these tests will result in the award of an ‘MVT RIFLEMAN’ patch.

Intent: To foster excellence among the community of armed civilians, in order to raise training standards and provide a readily identifiable, achievable, skill level.

Scope: Three day MVT Challenge weekends will be scheduled, during which a number of the required Rifleman skills will be tested. MVT Rifleman patches will be awarded to all who meet the standards. A number of the individual skills will be tested in a pass/fail manner. A number of other skills will be tested on a random and team basis, in order to ensure that the individual students have mastered the Rifleman tasks.  For some topics there will be instructional periods followed by testing.

Two Rifleman Patches will be awarded on completion of all tasks successfully, depending on performance on the PT test:

MVT Rifleman

MVT Rifleman Reserve

There has been discussion about patches and tiers etc. This competition does not seek to define members of the III community. It simply seeks to provide a meaningful standard of Rifleman training for those suited to strive to achieve.  Patches are already awarded at MVT classes for successful completion. The MVT Rifleman patch is a goal to attain, a challenge.

CORE RIFLEMAN TASKS TESTED :

• PT Test: ‘2-Miler’
  • Shooting qualification: rifle & handgun
  • Weapon Manipulation
  • Navigation
  • Casualty Evacuation
  • Move Under Direct Fire
  • Break Contact Under Direct Fire
  • Conduct Tactical Combat Casualty Care

Detail on Mandatory tested Events:

MOVE:

PT Test: ‘2 miler’:’

30 lb ruck, rifle. MVT 2 mile course run as an individual. The MVT course is hilly and more challenging than a standard 2-miler route:

Goal: Sub 22 minutes:

Rifleman Pass: Sub 25 minutes

Rifleman Reserve Pass: Sub 30 minutes

The 2-Miler is an individual best effort event, designed to simulate a rapid movement to relieve troops in contact. It is a physical and mental challenge that will asses an individual’s aptitude for the Rifleman role.  It tests physical fitness, heart and determination.

Slings may be used on rifles, but the rifle must not be carried on the back or on/in the ruck. It must be carried either to the front of the body or at the trail.

Note: for training purposes, for the 2-Miler run on a flat or gently rolling course, the goal is sub-18 minutes, sub 20 minutes for Rifleman, sub 25 minutes for Rifleman Reserve.

Navigate: MVT navigation course: use a map and compass, navigate point to point across country as an individual. Load Bearing Equipment (LBE) and rifle.

Movement  of  a Casualty: team casualty evacuation. Physical event.

SHOOT:

The shoot takes place with a  short break after the 2-Miler. Time will be given to walk from the end of the course to the range, drop ruck, drink water and put on LBE. This is designed to simulate combat and the stress of engaging the enemy after the 2-Mile approach.

Pass marksmanship standards on rifle and handgunt:

Course of Fire:

5 x 10 round magazines rifle, 1 x 10 round magazine handgun.

Short run onto the 50 yard firing point:

10 rounds kneeling

10 rounds prone

40 seconds including magazine changes.

Advance to 25 yards on command:

10 rounds standing

10 rounds kneeling

40 seconds including magazine changes.

Advance on command:

Ready up standing controlled pairs x 5 on command from 25 to 10 yards.

10 yards: transition to handgun, 10 rounds 15 seconds.

Total rounds 60 (rifle 50, handgun 10), max score 300, current pass mark 225. To be beta tested further and adjusted if necessary.

Below: Example Ivan Qualification Target. It will either be this fig. 11 or the fig. 12.

Ivan1

Weapon Manipulation: Perform speed reload, tactical reload, and malfunction/stoppage drills on rifle and handgun: tested to standard.

FIGHT:

Move under direct fire: fire and movement:  Conduct live fire buddy pair or team fire and movement to standard.

Perform unit SOP break contact/anti-ambush drills: Perform 4 man team live fire break contact drills to standard. Contact front or flank (left/right) will be tested.

Conduct tactical combat casualty care (TC3) to combat lifesaver standard. This will take the form of an instructional period followed by trauma lanes for testing.

_____________________________

ADDITIONAL CORE RIFLEMAN TASKS:

The following are skills which are expected to be known for the MVT Rifleman Standard. In some cases, instructional periods will be provided prior to testing. These will be tested either at random or as part of training scenarios (wildcards):

SHOOT:

Load, unload, strip and reassemble, clean and maintain personal weapons, including field cleaning.

Prepare a range card.

MOVE:

Familiarity with squad and team movement SOP techniques and formations.

Basic fieldcraft: camouflage and concealment, movement under enemy observation.

Avoid thermal surveillance utilizing terrain and vegetation masking.

Knot tying: TBD

COMMUNICATE:

Perform voice communications including reports, voice procedure, phonetic alphabet: TBD.

Perform visual signaling. Hand signals: TBD.

Competency with group communication equipment (squad level).

FIGHT:

Enter and clear a room: an instructional period will be provided.

Perform unit ambush, hasty attack and raid SOPs.

Perform unit reconnaissance patrol, observation post and security patrol SOPs.

Perform unit patrol base SOP and establish a buddy pair shelter area.

Theory of cover. Identify temporary fighting positions.

Construct buddy pair fighting positions.

React to indirect fire.

Duties of a sentry

Search enemy dead.

Prisoner handling.

Conduct personal administration in the field: maintain combat effectiveness.

Unit patrol ‘actions on’ drills SOP testing: actions on:

Lights/flares

Halts: conduct security halt formation.

Enemy pre-seen

Conduct of a hasty ambush

Linear Danger Areas: conduct 4 man team LDA crossing drills.

Example Outline Weekend Training Schedule

Day 1:

Arrive. Administration.

PT Test

Shooting Qualification

Tactical Combat Casualty Care training and trauma lanes.

Day 2:

Navigation Course

Move under Direct Fire*

Break Contact under direct fire*

Weapon Manipulation

*Note: some wildcard core skill testing will take place as background activity during wait times.

Day 3:

Casualty Evacuation

Random Skill Testing – Wildcards

Awards

Depart

Note: attendance on MVT Progression training classes, including Combat Team Tactics and Combat Patrol, will train the majority of skills on this list.

The MVT Rifleman Challenge is intended to form the first rung of a training progression. MVT will construct leadership classes in order to award patches for successful completion. The next level patch will be MVT Squad Leader . This class will teach SUT, leadership and troop leading procedures.

It is an aspiration that these standards will be adopted by other III Trainers in order to foster excellence , mutual support and cooperation, and trust within the III community.

Note on comments: some of the comments below reference the initial proposed shooting qual, which has been changed and updated. Those comments are therefore  no longer relevant and refer to a different proposed target, prior to the Ivan target above, and course of fire.

1. Thomas says:

Max, this is a comprehensive examination. How large a group are you thinking about testing at one time? I wonder if three days is enough time to get through all of the events.

At what point do you plan to publish task/condition/ standards for the events?

For the record: You are the man!

I hope it clear in the post, but not all of it is tested at each qualification. But you need to know it, because you don’t know which of the core tasks you will be asked to perform.
      I’m up at a 6 day class. I’ll start to put out specifics when I get back. It’s pretty self explanatory for the most part.

2. John Lee Pettimore III says:

Perhaps displaying my bias but… maybe a little tracking too?

Excellent as it stands, who knows where it can go once the refinement process begins. Cheers, Max.

3. Jafo says:

Glad to see that you are making this an MVT set of standards. This will set your facility in the forefront of where other trainers will want to be. Your going to need to hire more people!

in regards to your previous post, I would agree that there should be 3 tiers of classifications. with that said, would you consider the highest level as “Infantryman” or something similar?

Correct me if I am wrong but, I believe your overall standards are higher than say a U.S. Army private achieving rifleman.

As armed civilians, why should we shackle ourselves with low standards? We have the means and motivation to be all we can be!

4. Jonathan says:

Max,
    This is long overdue. Kudos to you and your team.

5. Mark says:

Max,

As I have observed over the past 18 months plus, your training evolution has been thoroughly thought through to provide what all patriot defenders have to know.

You mentioned a train the trainer course for those in different A.O.’s a short while back. Have you given any more thought/consideration to having specific patriots that standout in your courses do the training for those who are financially unable to incur the additional expense of travel to your facility? You have been more than innovative in your initiative and the growing numbers of patriots that have the resources to make the trip to train. However, there are those like myself who would be more than able to do this training if it were held more locally, and in the A.O. we would be conducting our sorties.

Just my two cents.

Respectfully,

Mark
    FL.

6. Shocktroop0351 says:

This is awesome. I would love to take a crack at it. Are you going to have any standards on which optics you can use?

7. Pax says:

Max,

I think you have the framework for a great way to test those serious about the III movement. Having read the other blog posts and comments I went out this morning after church to run a 2 miler without my pack and rifle (nursing an injury). Im 35 years old, 6-2, 230lbs. It took me 17:40 best effort. The pack and rifle will easily add 6-8 minutes. I will report back when I have a chance to try the real test. I think I am capable of 22 mins, but it is going to take some more training on my part. Losing 20 lbs would be my best bet!

On the title of “Rifleman.” If we are going to call ourselves that then I would recommended that we have a more comprehensive rifle test. The handgun one is fine. The prone test at 25 yards is at a 6″ circle. I get that this is timed and under duress. But this is a 24 MOA target. It would be better to test at a longer distance or at least a smaller target (if MVT does not have room). Any self respecting rifleman needs to at least be able engage targets from 0 to 300 yards. This means knowing your come ups and at least enough about the wind to make your fire effective.

If MVT does not have room for this then I submit we borrow some ideas from Appleseed and shoot at smaller targets.

8. barry gordon says:

I am not being sarcastic.

The government should encourage tactical training. We civilians should learn from experienced military. If ever there is need for a massive deployment this knowledge may save lives. Often in conflict soldiers are barely trained at all. Part of being an adult, not just a man should be having knowledge on how to use weapons to defend yourself and those you love whether alone or in a group.

9. Interesting….
    I have some thoughts on the marksmanship portion, but will wait til later after I beta test this afternoon.
    Standby for very unscientific input. 😀

Until then… one concern I have, even understanding this is a 3-day event, is can some of the required skills be properly taught in less than one day (during the mentioned “learning period”)?
    For example the “room clearing” portion- I understand there’s an MVT MOUT-style class in the works to address this.
    Or the TC3 class, as currently offered is an entire day. Land nav, maybe, maybe not able to be taught well enough in a partial day.
    Most of the “fight” phase as well.

My concern is, is an abbreviated “learning portion” going to result in an abbreviated skill set, if the aim here is to select a group of folk that can be counted on to know how to use the above skills properly?

Am I wrong to think that this event would be more like a refresher for skills already taught comprehensively (with a few minor exceptions)?

My long-term worry is it becomes a case of “oh, I went to the event and took the test and I’m good to go”, especially *IF* this becomes a more nationally spread out event.

Also, per your above comment about not all of it being on the menu at any given event I can see it becoming a case where certain groups will train what they like, or already good at, and call it a “pass”, again, *IF* it reaches a more widespread level.

And then we’re back to what is trying to be weeded out here- a bunch of guys wearing patches that mean little or nothing….

Don’t take this the wrong way- I like the overall idea, but I always try to put myself mentally in the class, and not currently knowing a lot of the stuff mentioned, I know I would feel less than confident in my ability to project that knowledge to others if/when I was called to do so, after only a brief “orientation” if you will, of a certain skillset.

Or am I just looking at this wrong? 😀

Yes you are looking at it wrong. I thought it was fully explained. You are supposed to show up knowing the stuff from previous training. An example would be having taken CTT and Combat Patrol, or got the training elsewhere. It won’t all be trained in 3 days – but there will be the set tests, some random testing of the other knowledge, and some instruction where it is hard to get outside of MVT.
      As for other’s diluting this – MVT will be the only place giving out patches, unless other trainers sign on and agree to the standards. Groups can’t just award their own patches – they need to train it, but come to MVT or other schools to get qualified and awarded the patch. Just like getting an expert infantry badge.

10. barry gordon says:

Should the silhouette target areas include hips so to be below potential body armor?

11. og says:

I really like this. My only complaint is the marksmanship standard is very poor. No offense, but that is far too easy. Fist size groups should be standard at that distance and even further. Including head shots for handgun wouldn’t be bad as well. Otherwise, this is an awesome challenge and a very realistic set of skills needed to be attained for “riflemen” in the liberty movement.

• og says:

I just read the comment on the marksmanship standard being tested after the 2-miler. It makes more sense than it did before, but I still think it may be lacking. Beta testing will be needed to be sure. I still think it would be great though if there was a requirement of effective marksmanship on a scaled man size silhouette to say 200 yards/meters. Even if it’s only a bonus challenge or something.

I hope your idea catches on across the Nation. The 2-miler could be something like the “ice bucket challenge”.

12. Actionsaxon says:

The whole point of a “III Rifleman” standard seems to be lost on some people. It is like any other standard, a minimum, a place to start. A kid fresh off the course with a RANGER tab should be able to do this cold. It isn’t a qual for him. A guy who has been cadre in Pineland had shure as hell NOT be sweating this. In fact he would run it right beside everyone else with a smile and encouragement for everyone who needs it. He would be selecting people in his mind for the next level. If some commander gets 300 volunteers and 20 have a legit “IIIR” patch, and another 40 say they can do it, that’s your first waves and stud leaders. It is no opt out. It’s “Follow Me!” Everybody does it again and now everybody has reason to respect each other as they build the force. There are going to be old fat beat up guys who have things in their heads that are more valuable than 300 “IIIR” and if anybody scoffs at them for not being able to earn it, they don’t see the big picture. They will remain “squadies” and others will take on the more skilled tasks. I think the Standard freakin rocks! this is a good way to get people self selecting and training on their own. I don’t care if I get a patch, I care that I can meet the standard and those in the field with me can too. Thanks, Max, for writing this down and spreading it far and wide.

13. eric says:

Max for the targets check out Pat Goodale. His is a trainer in WV but he sells cardboard targets with a pelvic zone. http://tacstrike.com/TARGET-STANDS-PAPER-TARGETS/50-Pack-BSYF-Target.html.
    And then to clear it up the two miler would be ran and go right in to the rifle/pistol qualification? Any rest in between? I’m assuming none. So would we need to include some form of web gear in the run for the pistol and extra mags.

14. Leatherneck556 says:

Max,

With respect, I must agree with those that argue that the marksmanship standards are quite low. This test is otherwise awesome. Everything else seems to be a good measurement of basic competence in light infantry skills.

I have always seen the minimum standard of competence in use of a rifle to be the ability to hit realistically-sized targets from “bad breath distance” out to the max point blank range of your weapon (call it 250-300m for most rifles). I think that for a test to qualify a rifleman, it should measure at least that basic level of rifle proficiency (or in the absence of an adequate range, should simulate that standard using reduced size targets).

Just my thoughts. You didn’t ask for them, so I don’t expect you to worry much about them. What you’re doing is awesome. I really like this idea and plan to show up and complete the challenge.

• John Lee Pettimore III says:

I wholeheartedly agree. A minimum such as shooting a 6 MOA group out to 300m (18inches) under field firing conditions should be a minimum. This standard ensures that the individual can hit someone in the torso at 300m and closer.

And seriously guys lets stop mentioning Appleseed. Great people but they sure as shit don’t train anyone to be a Rifleman. It’s the training equivalent of a swordsman who can thrust, but not draw or parry.

• Volunteer Veteran says:

With all do respect JLP3, I fundamentally disagree with your 300m standard. I will stand corrected or sit wrong as hell if proven wrong, but realistically, if you are getting shot at, employing IMT and squad/team movement, at best, you are looking for accuracy that is going to keep their head down, you are not going to be shooting “groups” into torso’s. Also, unless you are fighting in open plains, or desert environments, where you probably did a poor job of route selection, there won’t be too many 300m engagements. Trees, buildings, non-combatants, etc., will potentially disrupt these long range engagements.

• Leatherneck556 says:

What are you basing this off of? In Afghanistan, the guerrilla insurgents in my AO preferred to fight from about 250-400m away. We didn’t use a lot of mortars or arty to keep from inflicting a lot of collateral damage, and they preferred to initiate long-range ambushes.

They were the lighter force, and they actually did pretty good. We did better, mind you, but we also had the technology, the logistics, the training, etc. The Iraqi and Afghan insurgencies largely knows what they’re doing. If they didn’t, we wouldn’t have been engaged in this fight for 13 years at this point.

The reason for 250-300 being thrown around is that is the “max point blank range” of most rifles. In other words, it is the distance that you can just aim at something and hit it without any significant holdovers or holdunders if you have an appropriate BZO. It is also the max range that they found most WW2 infantry were effective at. Keep in mind that WW2 took place during a time where US military still actually valued marksmanship and trained it to a high degree.

I get what you’re saying about shooting groups at 300, but you do realize that the more accurate you are going into a fight, the more accurate you will be when your accuracy diminishes, right? The fact that real world conditions make it harder to hit is a reason to be able to shoot well, not a reason to avoid it. Concerning “keeping their heads down” or effective suppression, as Max has pointed out in previous blog posts, suppressing fires have to be accurate to be effective.

• VolunteerVeteran says:

Leatherneck,

Hopefully, since we are on the same side, we can agree to disagree on long range engagements during fire and maneuver. I abhor the fact that there is so much disagreement among Patriots, but I guess if we didn’t have our own opinions, then we wouldn’t be disagreeing on this particular blog 🙂

I absolutely agree that suppressing fire has to be accurate to be effective, and it is better to sweat in practice than bleed in battle, but I just feel that moa and group are “square range terms” that do not equate when discussing in the sense of fire and maneuver.

I am not going to specifically address each of your counterpoints, as I would rather not come across as smarmy, and possibly someone you wouldn’t want to share a foxhole with…

• Leatherneck556 says:

I appreciate that. Not because you “gave me the last word”, but because you recognize that it’s really not that important what terminology we use/etc. End of the day: we need to be able to shoot. Even more important that: we need to be presenting a unified message in the community to fix what’s wrong.

I had pretty much given up on posting in other pro-gun or pro-liberty forums as they are all just that: forums. All discussions devolve into the same level of internet idiocy no matter how good it started. MVT blog and forum has got me posting again because the discussion is actually worthwhile and intelligent.

• John Lee Pettimore III says:

Numerous studies conducted by diverse military organizations and countries have invariably concluded that common combat distances for a small arms engagement is 300m and closer. (Afghanistan was a slight anomaly, many engagements being at the 400m mark) The value inherent in making hits on 18′ targets at will should be obvious, and it is honestly not a very high bar to begin with.

For those not in the know, if you are fighting veteran warriors regardless of their background, you start to see how “suppressive fire” is largely a myth. After so many firefights, rounds passing close by cease to prevent bad guys from shooting back or moving. Take it from someone who knows, it’s the hits that count and win small arms engagements. That isn’t to say volume of fire does not play a role, but do your research and you’ll see that the guys you really have to worry about fighting just really don’t care if your shooting, they only care if your hitting.

15. Cat says:

I like a good challenge so I did the 2 miler today. I am a 24 year old female, had a 35 Lb pack and finished at 22 min 55 seconds. Sub 18 min is my goal, so I have work to do. Get out there and challenge yourself!

16. MQ says:

Just curious. Does milling have a place in any of this?

17. CLK says:

Max,

I’m glad you’re doing this! And I’m all for it! I’m up for a good challenge like this. You’re motivating me to keep up the training – did a 16 miler (26.2 km Metric Marathon) with a 50lb pack a couple of months back. I’m ready for more! It’s a matter of finances, but at some point I’d love to try this challenge over in your space. Keep up the good work!

18. manifold says:

I talked to my martial arts group and they agree that milling is very useful. We’re going to start doing it soon after lesson. we’re obviously not going to do it every week but maybe a couple of times a year.

My self-defense instructor even agrees milling is very important.

Doing the shooting qualification after the 2 miler is the way to go. You do it immediately after arrival. There is no rest (if I understand Max’s concept). This is to simulate QRF having to quick march to relief friendlies. Your enemy is busy trying to kill your friends, you don’t get a smoke break.

Most shooting qualifications don’t put this kind of stress running a 2 miler and then shooting immediately is very different than running 100m and then shooting.

I think starting at 25 yards is ok for now, but I am sure if Max thinks it’s too easy he’ll push the distance back.

Maybe find a failure point.

Manifold

Manifold

19. Brian from Georgia says:

The standards are shaping up nicely. You mentioned hoping that other III trainers will adopt. Have any indicated a commitment?

20. Doug says:

Personally Max, I believe this Rifleman standard is an outstanding idea.

It gives me a benchmark to assess and improve my fitness and combat skills, it provides clear definable goals to work towards and further increase my capabilities. Never mind the pride of being a recognized certified part of a cadre if I am able to pass.
    That alone has value worth my effort.

There are so many positives to this that go far beyond just personal improvement and invaluable skills.
    Like you are fond of saying, there is a holistic quality to it. That is a game changer.

21. Tater says:

Just back from my first serious attempt at a 2-miler.

50 years 8 months old. 2 miles over low to medium hilly terrain carrying a 33.6 lb scout pack, but no rifle (my neighbors tend to frown on that kind of thing) in 23:59. Plan to add weight to my pack next time to compensate for rifle.

If my old, fat ass can do it, so can you!!

22. Johnny Utah says:

Me and a training buddy did the 2 miler this AM. We are both in our 40s, I had a 25lb pack, I think his was 35. Finished in 19:46. I was completely smoked after the run and going directly into a rifle qual would be challenging at any distance.

Any optic restrictions? I run a vortex 1-4 usually, but I can also run a red dot or irons if it’s restricted.

23. Aaron says:

The standard may seem easy at first but remember it’s part of a much larger test. Anyone who has done a CIB or EFMB can attest that any one test is easy in and Of itself but the ability to do it all is the mark of a well rounded soldier that demonstrates their usefulness.

And if we find its too hard or easy we can always adjust. Training and learning is constant. This is a baseline that we can use to determine ability and foster growth.

Aaron

24. Doug says:

35lb med Alice, 15 30 rd mags, a 1qt and a 2qt canteen, 18inch camp knife, compass, ifak, administration pouch with 2days food and possible, AR carbine with electronic sight, small knife, various items like fire starters and tools, mounted on a GI Molle vest, 58 with all the aches and wear of a life of physical labor, 2 miles plus a bit more up and down these WV hollows and ridges, no trails, pure bushwacking it, 31 minutes. It was not hard so much physically challenging, as I have to improve my mindset and learn to embrace the “suck” with all my heart. Make it my best friend and ally. Then I know I will earn that Rifleman’s badge.

• Doug says:

PS, didn’t use obvious routes through the bush, handrailed easy paths and features, took draws with heavy growth for the concealment and possible cover, stopped a number of times to choose wisely my next moves, just like I think is proper to keep from being detected from an enemy. I learned a grew deal from taking Max’s CRCD class and his writings. My object was to be able to make the grade in a more natural setting than on a fixed set route. Used a GPS to clock my travel and time velcro’d to the top of my Alice so it got a good signal down in the sticks.
      This shit can’t be easy if it was for real with an enemy to ambush you if your careless or tired. Best to learn now with no bullets coming your way.

25. Volunteer Veteran says:

Max,

Fantastic job, and thank you for leading the charge on this initiative. To mirror Aaron’s recent comments, I believe some, certainly not all, are wanting to place too much emphasis in one area over another. Just like many other life endeavors, the Rifleman will need to be a “jack of all trades” or about “a mile wide and an inch thick”, the Partisan will have to have working knowledge or proficiency on a wide range of skills; especially given the lack of “big Army” type support. If I were hand selecting a stick, I wouldn’t be looking for the fastest guy, or the best shooter, but the guy who I know I could count on. The guy who is fit “enough”, can communicate, understands the playbook, and has the intestinal fortitude to move to, contact, and neutralize the enemy, and is not going to become frozen behind cover or perform a sub 18:00, 2 miler, in the wrong direction, is the warrior that I want as a “battle”. In other words, this individual has to be well rounded and of the highest character. There are a lot of things that could be added, like 10 mile tabs, etc., that encompass other critical skills, but I believe you have done a fantastic job with creating a realistic test, that requires above average proficiency and fitness levels. Of course, my opinion, ultimately is worth what each of you paid for it, but these are my thoughts.

26. Barry says:

Max,
    Tried the run after my standard PT. 22 minutes on the button in the hills of WV. This is a good starting point for an aging rifleman.

27. Leatherneck556 says:

Max,

I really like what you’ve done with the above rifle/pistol shoot for a close-quarters qualification. I’m a big fan of shooting at some distance, but I understand the theory behind the whole being greater than the sum of the parts and your desire to just stick with a closer range qual. I look at the qual above and think, “I will have to run through that before I go to make sure I can pass it.” It looks a lot more challenging. As you said above: why should we shackle ourselves with low standards? Awesome.

28. […] of the year, Max Velocity Tactical school will be offering just such an opportunity: the MVT Rifleman Challenge.  This is a grueling weekend in which competitors will be tested in a series of light infantry […]

29. […] beginning of the year, Max Velocity Tactical school will be offering just such an opportunity: the MVT Rifleman Challenge. This is a grueling weekend in which competitors will be tested in a series of light infantry […]

30. […] beginning of the year, Max Velocity Tactical school will be offering just such an opportunity: the MVT Rifleman Challenge. This is a grueling weekend in which competitors will be tested in a series of light infantry […]

31. […] beginning of the year, Max Velocity Tactical school will be offering just such an opportunity: the MVT Rifleman Challenge. This is a grueling weekend in which competitors will be tested in a series of light infantry […]

32. CKIV says:

Is there a commercial target available that has a comparable ring/scoring to the Ivan? Just want to be able to test myself at my home range after doing a 2 miler test run.

33. Rick Hall says:

Where to find dates and locations
    Found a date in March where is it?