Patrol Class: Jan 18-20 – Update

MVT Remote Training
December 30, 2013
AAR on Snowmaggedon & Training/Gear Comments: Greg
January 1, 2014

I have posted some information on this class HERE.

This class is open to CRCD alumni only. I currently have 8 confirmed bookings on this inaugural Combat Patrol Class, and a whole bunch talking about it! I am more than happy with that, it gives me an 8 man squad, two 4 man teams. I have planned the class to accommodate up to 12 students, or three x 4 man teams. However, given that this is the first class, I was happy to leave it at two teams and keep quiet about the numbers. However, my enthusiasm for planning the ranges and training  has gotten the better of me.

I have been working on opening up a new training area, unseen on the CRCD, for the Patrol Class, the recce patrols, with one particular valley currently being set up for the camp attack/raid, complete with semi-permanent-bad-guy-shanty-hut-patrol-base (complete with realistic bad guys). I have set this up, as with the rest of the course, to accommodate up to a 12 man squad, or three teams, in the assault. This allows the practice of a three team squad (approx. 12 man, give or take) running through the assault cycle as described in this POST: ‘More on The Squad & the Assault Cycle’. It will work either way, with an 8 man or 12 man, or any mix of those numbers.

If there are a few more of you out there who would like to sign up for the class, we can up it from two to three teams and this will give everyone an increased training value with the three team squad.

I just want to see that enemy camp rolled up with a three team squad!

Bookings HERE.

Live Hard.

Die Free.

1. JeffSags says:

Your enthusiasm is evident and infectious! I can’t wait to get back down to WVA.

• AP in SC (a.k.a. Tater) says:

Jeff,

Is that you (honorary redneck)? I’m so bad with names, sorry. IF SO: Good to hear from you. Things getting pretty squirrely up your way, huh? Look forward to seeing you again sometime in WV. Take care my friend.
      **If not same Jeff, NEVERMIND**

2. JeffSags says:

Same Jeff. I still have that “honorary redneck” pin. I see a lot of familiar names here and like you said maybe one day we’ll run into each other at another CRCD or Patrol class. Squirrely? Nah, I’m just sitting in my tree stand waiting for the world to end.

• Tater says:

When you said “I can’t wait to get back down to WVA”, does that mean you are going to be at the 1/18-1/20 patrol class?

3. JeffSags says:

Sorry Max, it looks like an old Buddy Pair took over this post.

Probably won’t get there for the Jan Patrol Class, but I hope to get to a CRCD and Patrol in ’14.

4. F says:

Looks like we’re up to 9 now : )

5. FiremanEd says:

Who else is coming to patrol?

Anyone from Sept. ’13 CRCD class?

6. Tater says:

Learning from the lessons of the transportation fiasco that occurred on the 1st day of the recent 12/14-12/15/2013 CRCD class. To ALL 1/18-1/20/2014 Patrol class participants, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO ARRIVE EARLY ENOUGH ON THE MORNING OF 1/18/2014 TO CROSS-DECK GEAR & EQUIPMENT INTO SUITABLE VEHICLES TO MAKE THE CLIMB UP TO THE RV POINT. In snowy conditions most vehicles except for those with 4-wheel drive will more than likely NOT make it up the hills. We do not need to waste valuable training time trying to push/pull unsuitable vehicles out of the snow/mud.