‘CONTACT!’ Revised & Expanded Second Edition – AVAILABLE NOW!

VIDEO: Weapon Penetration Effects
October 21, 2013
AAR # 4 – CRCD Class 12/13 Oct
October 22, 2013

AVAILABLE NOW.
KINDLE (not so recommended for a manual like this, IMO)
I have added over 200 pages to the original book. The changes comprise of the following:
1) Added content: subject matter that I ‘forgot’ when I wrote the original. My exposure as a blogger and trainer has been useful in letting me know what I need to be putting out there; what people want and need to know.
2) Expanded areas, such as team contact drills, giving you the full detail on, for example, how we conduct team contact drills on my CRCD class.
3) The addition of numerous selected and edited blog posts, placed in the text at relevant points to illustrate and expand on the original subject matter.
Here is the back cover description, largely unchanged:
REVISED & EXPANDED SECOND EDITION

This manual is the result of a detailed consideration of a societal collapse and the civil shift and aftermath that would impact individuals and families who are intent on survival.

The purpose of this manual is to provide information to enhance the security, tactics, and survival skills of law-abiding citizens who are faced with civil disorder, lawlessness, violence, and physical threat in a post-collapse environment.

The information in this manual is derived from training and experience gained from service with special operations forces (SOF) and subsequent employment as a security contractor in Iraq and Afghanistan. It is a distillation of tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) adapted to the threat and environment anticipated in this type of scenario, in order to provide the knowledge needed to survive in a world turned upside down.

It is no longer just survival of the fittest but survival of those prepared.

The manual will take you from self-defense as an individual, team and family, and on to tactics, techniques, procedures and training that can be used by tactical teams that you may need to form in order to survive or to resist tyranny. In a serious post-event scenario, one of total collapse with several months or years before recovery, families, groups and communities may be forced to create such tactical defense forces to protect personnel, loved ones and resources against hostile forces.

There is something in this manual for both the tactical newbie and the military veteran.

The big ‘open secret’ about CONTACT is that it contains all the tactical and light infantry information that you need to fight tyranny; to wage unconventional warfare against enemies ‘foreign or domestic’, not simply surviving against threats in an SHTF world.  In this second edition I still skirt around the issue a little, putting the information in there but making it also a ‘prepper’ book. Reason: I want the tactical information out there for those who need it, but I don’t want to scare off the preppers, who also need this information, even if they don’t know it yet.
Also, don’t forget PATRIOT DAWN, which is designed as a companion book to CONTACT: it is a scenario based novel illustrating the tactics described in CONTACT within a fast paced near future scenario. If you are training your team, this book will illustrate scenarios to them, the application of tactics, and give you a good starting point for training discussions.
EDIT: see also THIS POST on Kindle download issues.

Live Hard, Die Free.
MV

1. idahobob says:

Cool.

Now when will “Patriot Rising” be out?

Bob
    III

2. Anonymous says:

Haven’t even finished Contact 1 yet, but I did order both the new version and Patriot Dawn. Which one would be more beneficial to read first, or does it matter? Instruction first or or novel and then how it’s done?

• I’ve got both.
      I would say, read Contact first, than read PD, than go back and read Contact again. 😉
      In between that, watch all the applicable videos posted here, to get a visualization.

Max- the new cover looks real real nice- kind of preptactical. 😀

• justin says:

Preptactical…

I agree, and like the term. 🙂

• Anonymous says:

Max, FYI tried to buy Contact “2nd edition” from Amazon Kindle, but it picks up on the fact I had previously purchased the earlier edition and won’t let me buy/download the newer version. It brings me to a screen informing me I had already purchased Contact.

Just thought you might want to know about the glitch with Amazon.

I’m going to email them – they are not picking up on the ‘2nd Edition’ thing. It’s the way kindle works. However, you shouldn’t be buying this in Kindle anyway, IMO. Kindle is great for novels, like Patriot Dawn, but I don’t think you can read a manual like Contact as well on kindle, it harder to flick back and forth, check illustrations, visualize the whole page etc. When you nee this manual SHTF, you want it in hard copy….

3. Anonymous says:

Will be ordering, have the first edition. Do you describe the first day’s drills from individual to team drills? I want to dry fire as best I can before I show up.

I don’t describe the whole CRCD class, as if you were there, in chronological order. But the detail of all the drills from RTR thru contact drills, is all in there.

4. Toaster 802 says:

Is there an addendum available for the first edition instead of buying a new book? While I want to support the author, there are other books on my library list I need to get and only x dollars available. I good time I will buy the second edition, just right now it is not possible.

5. Anonymous says:

I’ve been dragging my feet, but just ordered the 2nd edition, and Rapid Fire. Looking forward to good info!

It says in the Amazon description not to order both Contact and Rapid Fire. You are free to do hat you want, but I feel that Contact now far outstrips Rapid Fire, with the updates I have made. I have not updated Rapid Fire since publication.

• Anonymous says:

Then I’ll pass one along to someone in need.

6. Burt Gummer says:

Why does this allways happen to me? I just got my copy last Tuesday. Its the old one.

7. Anonymous says:

Same here Burt. I am going to try to sell my 1st ed to cover the cost of the second ed. Then again, I may just donate the 1st ed to a friend to share the wealth of knowledge.

8. Max Velocity says:

I’m getting a lot of questions about a fictional ‘addendum’ that can somehow be merged in Kindle or whatever to bring the first edition up to date. The second edition is a partial re-write and an addition of a lot of information, so there is no ‘addendum’ that can relay that. Kindle also, to my knowledge, does not allow merging of older editions into new. Its basically a new book that is available to buy if you want.

9. jpm says:

Um, hello? It’s $20 – and he added 200 pages. Buy it already.

10. Anonymous says:

I bought the first book, the first Kindle version, and I’m on my way to Amazon to buy the second book version. I’m about learning, but also creating a durable library; just as Max suggests.

Oh, and by the way, if I can help an author and a trainer with my dollars, I cannot figer a better way to spend them.

Keep going Max. If I can lose that 40 pounds, I’ll be seeing you in the classroom next Summer!

Just got the 2d edition. Worth every cent for all the new info. Plan to soak all this up before attending class.

12. Justus says:

So if I just purchased Contact is there a way for you to send me just the updated parts since I already own the book?

No, its a rewritten second edition, not an appendix.

If you read the blog in its entirety, and come on a CRCD training weekend, you will make up the additional information in those 200 + pages.

13. Philip says:

Just bought the new edition after giving the first edition to a friend. Easiest justification of a purchase ever!

Max – Just re-read PD:TRR for the third time. Reading the other two helped a lot with understanding PD:TRR better on the second and third passes. Can’t wait for the sequel to arrive!