Coming in January: Patriot Dawn: The Resistance Rises

Looks like a useful book
November 25, 2012
Body Armor / Plate Carriers
November 28, 2012

I am currently writing my fiction book, ‘Patriot Dawn: The Resistance Rises’. It’s a development of the idea of tactical fiction, written as a full novel based around a collapse/civil war scenario. Not too dissimilar to what we may be currently facing, oddly enough. As part of the storyline, it will include techniques and fictional descriptions of tactical techniques.

I rolled out my first very impersonal tactical fiction HERE. I am rolling this situation into the storyline, re-written to include characters etc, to illustrate some points.

Its not a manual, but I have read in many places that fiction is a great vehicle to bring people tactical concepts. For the down and dirty ‘how to’ of the TTPs, you need to look at ‘Contact!’ or ‘Rapid Fire!’

I am currently 120 pages in and I hope to have it ready around January time. Self published, as usual.

Here is a draft version of the cover:

And the back cover:

The United States has descended into Civil War.

The Storm was Rising for some time, a Resistance in the hearts of American Patriots to the strangulation of Liberty by creeping Authoritarianism.

The scene was set. It just took a little push. A terrorist attack on the United States leads to war with Iran, followed by Collapse, as the economy goes over the cliff.

The final blow is a widespread opportunistic Chinese Cyber Attack, taking down the North American Power Grid.

From the ashes, the Regime emerges.  Liberty is Dead.

What remains of the United States of America is polarized. The Resistance Rises.

Jack Berenger is a retired Army Ranger Captain, living in Northern Virginia with his family. Following the Collapse, they fall foul of Regime violence and evacuate to the farm of an old Army friend. Jack is recruited into the resistance, to train the fledgling forces in the Shenandoah Valley.

The fight begins. Resist.

1. Who did your cover art?

The cover style is a template from createspace, I just chose one and played with the colors/theme. The photo is one my wife took, we headed up to Shenandoah for that purpose – I wanted a sort of symbolic photo of the woods/hills/ridges. This was just west of the Shenadoah Valley, heading into George Washington Forest – which just so happens to be the area where my resistance training camp is set up in the book….;-)

• Simple but nice – real crisp look to it. That’s cool to incorporate a pic you took.

2. Sandman369 says:

Looks great Max, will be buying a copy when you get ‘er done.
    Read all of Garrett’s stuff so far and enjoy the realistic edge to it.
    If either of you wish to consult on the use of Militia formations in your work
    I would be happy to assist, provided certain persec/opsec rules are observed.

All very basic. Check the sig in my link for more info on our outfit.
    I really would like to see a militia group portrayed in a an objective competent manner without the prejudice normally used. Keep up the great work.

3. Thanks Sand for reading and the offer, I might take you up on that as well – might do an offshoot novella that focuses more on that aspect. I think that’s a good option to flesh out fiction without having a thousand loose ends in the main series.

I like the idea of a psyop/PR campaign to paint militia in a better light. I wrote in ‘Contact!’ about the militia thing, and how it should be a good thing but has so often been either portrayed in the wrong light, or hijacked by extremist types.
      I also need to think about fleshing out the narrative on the original militia group in the book.

4. idahobob says:

Looking forward to the book.

I’m in the middle of “Contact”, currently.

I to, have read Archer’s stuff and enjoy it immensely.

Bob
    III

Thanks. Let me know how ‘Contact’ works out for you. I will always take feedback, and will have to do a second edition at some point to incorporate it.
      If you like ‘Contact’, I would always welcome a review on Amazon – if its a good review that is: if it’s not, forget about it…..;-) (chuckles)

5. Badger says:

Looks like a read worth having.
    FYI, it appears the underlying link (capitalized link in para 2, ‘HERE’) of your 25 November post is incomplete or busted in some way.

Thanks and keep truckin’ – writing is harder than most think.
    🙂

6. Rich T says:

Sounds like a great book and look forward to its release. Please don’t go “Sospey” on us and not release it.

7. riverrider says:

omg,next you’ll be adding a comma to your name 🙂 seriously, how much would you charge to do a security survey near amherst, va?

Certainly: Max, Velocity 😉

Check out the training page on the website maxvelocitytactical.com for some outline pricing for stuff. Email is best.

Google tells me you are a 3 hour drive from me. Not so bad.

8. Anonymous says:

,Max,Vel,o,c,i,t,y,,,

9. Sandman369 says:

Emails sent to Max & Archer, non-encrypted.