Learn real-life military rifle skills.OPEN ENROLLMENT. NO TRAINING PREREQUISITE. - AVAILABLE AT ALL LOCATIONS AND MOBILE CLASSES.
Combat Rifle Skills (CRS) is a two day flat range class for all skill levels, from beginner to advanced shooter. It will teach you to safely and competently operate your rifle. This class takes the student from fundamentals, to practical combat applications, including shooting on the move and buddy pair fire and movement. This class is suitable for any level of shooter; there is something to learn and improve for all. Max Velocity Tactical specializes in the teaching of proven, adapted, legitimate combat tactics, techniques and procedures; as such, this class is designed as part of the progression to Combat Team Tactics.
- Weapon Function and Operation (AR15 centric)
- Marksmanship Fundamentals
- Grouping & Zeroing
- Weapon Manipulation: malfunctions and stoppages
- Shooting positions
- Combat Shooting
- Controlled Pairs, Hammer Pairs, Stream Fire
- Combat mindset and stress effects
- Support side shooting
- Facing movements / ‘ready ups’
- Reaction to Contact
- Basic Fire & Movement
This class is primarily focused on increasing individual weapon handling / shooting skills and competence.
Cost: $450 per individual.
Round Count: 800 rounds approx.
A student testimonial:I took Combat Rifle Skills at the VTC in lieu of jumping right in to CTT. Best move I made for my knowledge level at that time. It was my first tactical class of any kind. CRS did a great job of laying the groundwork of range safety, rifle manipulation, and rifle stoppage resolution, just to name a few things. I would encourage anyone of any experience level to take this class. No one is above the basics and that is what CRS is about. Don’t fool yourself into thinking you don’t need this class. This class is a huge value-add to your skills. It is also a very enjoyable class. Take it. You will not regret it. More Student Reviews
- *Fighting Rifle: a semi-automatic battle rifle utilizing detachable magazines of minimum 20 round capacity. AR/AK type platforms are an example of a suitable rifle. The safety must be operable with the firing hand, by finger or thumb, without removing the hand from the pistol grip.
- *Rifle magazines: minimum eight.
- *Ammunition: 800 rounds estimate.
- *Load/Ammo carrying gear: i.e. battle belt/plate carrier/tactical vest
- *Eye protection
- *Ear protection. Howard Leight Impact Sport electronic ear protection, or a similar product, is recommended. These will cancel out the harmful sounds of weapons firing, while allowing you to hear commands. They are excellent for tactical training, and safety.
- *Water source: canteen/camelback/ water bottles
- *Bug Spray
- *Knee Pads
- Elbow pads
- Rifle sling
- Magazine dump pouch
- Tactical gloves/mechanic style work gloves
- Patrol pack/daypack
- Boots with ankle support
- Long pants, hiking or combat style
- Long sleeved shirt/top
- Sun screen
- Spare socks & foot powder
- Change of clothing
- Rifle cleaning kit/lubricant