H.E.A.T. 0.5 Combat Rifle
SCHEDULE COMING FOR 2019!
Hostile Environment Advanced Tactics 0.5 (HEAT 0.5) is the first two day portion of the 4 day HEAT 1 class. HEAT 0.5 is offered as an option to complete the HEAT 1 four day class on weekends rather than as a four day block. HEAT 0.5 can be taken as a standalone Combat Marksmanship class or as a primer for the follow-on two days of HEAT 1 on the tactical ranges. This class takes the student from fundamentals, to practical combat marksmanship, including shooting on the move and buddy pair fire and movement. This class is suitable for any level of shooter; there is something to learn and improve for all.
- Weapon Function and Operation (AR15 centric)
- Marksmanship Fundamentals
- Grouping & Zeroing
- Weapon Manipulation: malfunctions and stoppages
- Shooting positions
- Combat Shooting
- Controlled Pairs, Hammer Pairs, Stream Fire
- Combat mindset and stress effects
- Support side shooting
- Facing movements / ‘ready ups’
- Reaction to Contact
- Shooting on the move
- Basic Fire & Movement